A Cold Whisper

Bothered that Yuya couldn't handle the truth about the fate of Sukuna, to the point of breaking into tears, Iari left without saying a proper goodbye. He did not even wait in case Yuya wanted to rely a message to his husband; it was better that way for both of them anyway. Although if the man would have really wanted to send a message to Sukuna, then he would have stopped Iari, right?

Everyone in the Ryomen family knew that Yuya after being confessed by Sukuna acted cold towards him, find it hard to believe that at the end they ended up together. The two brothers, Iari and Haruka, were the most taken aback when they announced their relationship, especially after knowing that they were going to get married.

But regardless of that, in the Ryomen's eyes, Yuya's coldness towards Sukuna still hasn't changed. So no one would be surprised when Iari comes back with empty hands or without a message, not even Sukuna.

And yet, Sukuna still had a bit of hope that his husband would send him some kind of message. He would be happy by hearing or reading a few words coming from Yuya, but his hopes were crashed the moment Iari returned from the land of humans.

"Did you give the letter to Yuya?" Sukuna asked the instant Iari entered the house, hoping he had a message from his husband.

"I did," Iari simple replied. "And that caused him so much pain, to the verge of tears. It seems that even after three years he still cares about you."

The words of his uncle caused him to have mixed feelings. "Then..."

"If you are expecting some kind of message from him, then I'm sorry to tell you that I came back with empty hands. No letter or a message, not even from your kids since they were not home," Iari walked past Sukuna, but stopped before he left the living room. "You should forget about everything, Sukuna. That man. Your kids. Your father. Everything."

Sukuna did not respond. He only stared at Iari's back, not surprised at all by his words. In the past he would have lost his temper by hearing such words, but now he understood Iari. Forgetting about everything was for the better, not only for him but for his family as well. If he can forget about the ones he loves, then leaving this world behind would not cause him so much pain, nor even regret the decision he had made.

"I can't really sympathize with you for being an impure, nor I understand the pain you are going through for having to leave your husband and sons behind for their sake, but I can comprehend the feeling of love for someone. Just like you care for your family, I care for my younger brothers, Haruka, Kaiser and even Einer. For the three of them, I will do anything. I will even fight against the Demon Lord just to keep them safe," Iari sincerely said, without turning around to look at his nephew. "Even after all the atrocities Einer have done against you, I still wished to protect him. Perhaps he was more important than you would ever be. All because of my stupid love for him. But, at the end, I failed to save him from the darkness of our father."

There was silence for a moment, until Iari spoke once again. "So, Sukuna, for being born as the reincarnation of the Lord of Hell, just give up for the sake of everyone. I would not want to fight against the son my brother loves so much."

"I already gave up on my life three years ago," Sukuna finally spoke once again, unable to hide the sorrow in his voice. "But perhaps... I should have gave up way sooner. For being an impure and the reincarnation of the Lord of Hell, I should have let go of Yuya the day he rejected me. I knew it all along, but still decided to marry him because of the deep love I always felt for him."

Iari snorted. "You indeed were a foolish man, blinded because of love. However, there's no point in regretting the decisions you have made now. Just accept your fate, and hope that in your next life, you are not born as an impure once again."