A Bittersweet Past (Part 1)

Yuya's father trying to protect his child from becoming the vessel of the black angel, gave his son away to a married couple that lived in a small village far away from the City of Nova. The man accepted his friend's son with open arms, promising to him that he would love and take care of the child like he was his own.

"You don't have to worry, I'll take care of Yuya all the years necessary," the man reassured, a gentle smile forming on his lips. "I will love him as he was my own child."

The woman besides him, who is holding her own child in her arms, did not speak a word, only staring at the stranger before her eyes. It was hard for her to accept that suddenly they were going to take care of another child, especially because things were already complicate for them.

"I'm grateful that you accepted to take care of my son," Yuya's father said, sadness shimmering in his green eyes. "I truly would have not know what to do if wasn't for your kindness. I hope that someday, no matter how many years have passed, I can come back for him... And this time to give him the life he deserves."

He kissed the forehead of his son, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. "Yuya, I can't promise you that I will be back soon... But you have to know that your mother and I have always loved you. Because of that, in order to protect you, we made this hard decision."

Yuya being only a little child did not quite understand the words of his father, until he saw him turn around and walk away, leaving him with people he had never seen before. He soon bursted into tears, trying to break free from the hold of the person that was carrying him, but to no avail. No matter how much he cried for his dear father, the strange man didn't let him go, nor his father stopped from leaving.

The endless crying of the child, brought tears to the man's eyes. "I'm sorry, Yuya. A child should never experience something like this," he didn't know what else to say, since no matter what kind of words he says to the child, the sorrow he's feeling would not fade away.

.....

Even though his adoptive father was a good dad to him and to his own daughter, Yuya never stopped waiting for his father, mother and even his older brothers to come back for him in order to bring home. Sadly, because of the fate that awaited him if he stayed with his family, none of them will come back for him.

He came to know about this harsh truth after only one year had passed, making him sometimes believe that maybe his family never truly loved him, regardless of the affection they given him and the words of love they conveyed, and that's why they gave him up for adoption when he was only three years old. Yet for the deep love he always felt for his father, mother and brothers, he still waited for them.

Yuya's routine of everyday was to watch out the window of the living room in hopes his dear father would appear to take him back home, ignoring almost everyone who spoke to him.

His adoptive mother was already tired of the little boy's behavior, how long was he planning to wait for his father? For ever?

She still didn't understand why her husband suddenly decided to take care of the son of that man. They already have a daughter, so why?
But no matter how much she asked him to not be oblivious, he never told her. In fact, he never had the intention to reveal anything, since he knew that no matter what, she would never accept to adopt a child that doesn't have their blood running through his veins.

The boy was just the same as him, never listening or obeying her words, deciding at the end to let both of them do as they pleased. What she didn't know is that after a few months had passed, Yuya wasn't only waiting for his father to come back, he was waiting for his adoptive father too.