Epilogue

After the long battle between the hunters and the demons ended, the blessed one together with a few hunters arrived at the land of demons like planned in search of the Ryomen Emperor, Kain, and the Ryomen Prince, Sukuna. Kain couldn't be found no matter how much they searched, not even a trace that could led them to his whereabouts.

The only thing the hunters found inside the castle of the Ryomen Emperor was a black coffin, where Sukuna and Yuya were sleeping their slumber of a hundred of years. Just like the six races have decided, Sukuna finally was put into a slumber. Now they only needed to wait for Kaiser to find an angel's tear in those hundred of years, if that ever happens.

Maki and Mai stared at the black coffin, feeling the presence of Sukuna and Yuya inside. But the older twin was the only who spoke. "So at the end you sacrificed your life for him, Yuya. You have our thanks, but sadly the world will succumb into darkness once your husband wakes up from his slumber. We will not live until then, but we will make sure to forge a sword that haves power enough to defeat even the strongest demon."

After saying her last words to Yuya, the two twins heard footsteps approaching them. Both of them looked away from the coffin, looking at the hunters walking towards them.

Once they were close to Maki and Mai, one of them said: "We could not find any trace of the Ryomen Emperor inside the castle, not even a trace of his servants and knights."

Mai frowned in frustration, and Maki asked the hunter. "What does the blessed one think about the situation?"

"Knowing that we couldn't find not even a body inside the castle, he believes that the Emperor had escaped," another hunter responded.

"That's most likely," Mai stated, her voice above a whisper.

"We have nothing to do here anymore," Maki demanded to everyone to leave, and ordered to bring the coffin. "To make sure Sukuna sleeps his slumber of a hundred years, we will bring this coffin with us. We will make sure Yuya's sacrifice was not in vain."

.....

As soon as Satoru arrived at the Ryomen household, he made the decision to bring Yuya's and Sukuna's sons to the land of beasts. To assure the safety of the three kids, he will discard his pride and seek forgiveness for his betrayal.

Knowing that Satoru couldn't possibly take care of the children by himself, Suguru decided to accompany him. But before they left, the five of them bid farewell to the ice dragon.

The dragon never expected that one day the Ryomen family will leave so soon the outskirts of the land of humans, but he understood after knowing the tragedy that fell upon Sukuna and Yuya. The children couldn't stay here anymore, they needed to live in a safer place.

Since none of them oppose the idea of Satoru of living in the land of the beasts, the five of them set out on their journey. But in their way, they stopped at the association of hunters, so Yuji, Choso and Megumi could say their goodbyes to their parents.

With the help of Suguru, Yuji brought forget-me-nots flowers leaving them on the lid of the coffin. He was still unable to understand why his dad all of the sudden was gone, tears quickly escaping from his eyes. Choso together with Megumi embraced Yuji, as they could not stop their own tears from falling either.

Yuji and Choso wanted to see their parents for the last time, but the hunters told them it was forbidden to open the coffin.

"The coffin shouldn't be opened no matter what, in order to not disturb Yuya's and Sukuna's slumber," Maki said, entering the empty room where everyone was. "Even so, you guys still can come back again."

"Will my daddy and father ever wake up?" Yuji asked between sobs.

Maki felt troubled by the sudden question of Yuji, not knowing what to respond to the little boy.

"They will," Choso replied to his brother's question, wiping his tears with the sleeves of his shirt. "Someday they will wake up, there's no doubt about that."

.....

Together with Satoru and Suguru, the Ryomen brothers and Megumi kept visiting Yuya and Sukuna for years, until Yuji finally understood that his parents were sleeping a slumber of a hundred years, for the sake of them and for the sake of this world. Now he knew his brother Choso wasn't lying, but sadly he probably wouldn't be able live a hundred of years to see his parents again.

Yuji had never met Sukuna, but he started to love him after his brother Choso and his two great uncles told him everything they know about him. He was now an adult and the memories he had of his dear dad was fading away, to the point he could no longer remember his face.

"I promise, father, dad, that no matter how many years pass, Choso, Megumi and I will always remember both of you," Yuji smiled, touching the lid of the coffin. "We will still come to visit both of you, until the day the memory of Yuya and Sukuna is forgotten along with their sons."

The End

The End