A Bittersweet Past (Part 2)

After he was rejected, Sukuna did not dare to stop Yuya from leaving the forest, nor even to follow him to apologize for his actions. He stayed in his spot, anger and sadness filling his entire being for the stupid thing he did minutes ago. He was supposed to confess his feelings, not try to kiss Yuya.

But the moment he stared into his green eyes, Sukuna felt enchanted by his beauty, unable to think straight. Although it wasn't a lie that he thought that after all the things they went through and all the things they shared together, Yuya would love him at least little bit, accepting his feelings in the process.

He punched a tree trunk a few times, not too light nor too hard, but stopped soon after realizing that there was no point of doing such thing. Plus, this action didn't make him feel better in anyway. It made his anger fade away a bit, however, his sadness was getting stronger and stronger with every second.

Perhaps he should hit himself instead, maybe that way he would stop doing such stupid things. But he never did it, not seeing the point of doing that either. Not wanting to leave yet, in case Yuya was still around, he crouched down and stared at his reflection in the spring.

Sukuna never found himself being an attractive young man, but he didn't not think he was ugly either. However, the thought of Yuya rejecting him for not being a handsome man crossed his mind for a moment.

"No, Yuya would not care about something like that," he responded to himself, shaking his head to get rid of that thought.

But another one filled his mind and this time made more sense: perhaps Yuya likes girls. If that was true, then he would be more depressed than ever, since there would be no way to make him fall in love with him. Now he hope more than before that Yuya rejected him for his sudden actions, or because he doesn't find him attractive. At least that way he still could have an opportunity.

Knowing that there was no reason to stay here and dwell on his thoughts, he went back home with a broken heart, regretting confessing his feelings. He never imagined this kind of outcome, at least not in the way where his actions could have gained the hatred of his beloved friend.

Sukuna went straight to his bed after entering his home, not stopping to greet his mother or say good night to her. He totally didn't want to hear from her 'I told you', and that's why he preferred to avoid her for the time being.

.......

With the intentions to apologize for his actions and fix his broken friendship, Sukuna visited Yuya's home several of times every day, but each time he refused to see him. Sukuna was aware that it wouldn't be easy for both of them to be friends again after what happened, but he never expected it would be this hard.

Why Yuya refused to see him that much?

Then, the thought of maybe Yuya liked someone else crossed his mind. If that was the case it would make sense, right? Yuya was the most beautiful boy in the village, that he caught the attention of several boys and girls. But who could possible like Yuya? All these years Sukuna doesn't remember Yuya befriending someone else besides him, so it was going to be kind of difficult to find out.

Not trying to think much about it, Sukuna left his house like every morning to visit Yuya. His mother told him several of times that he needed to wait, that he needed to give Yuya time. However, Sukuna was unable to listen to his mother's advice again. He felt that if he waited, he would lose Yuya forever.