𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓮?

After Making it out of the mall Steve drove the car he stole- I mean borrowed down the highway and Natasha sat in the passenger seat.

"Where did Captain America learn to steal a car?", Nat asked.

"Nazi Germany.", Steve replied. "And we're borrowing, get your feet off the dash."

"Alright, I have a question for you, oh, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?"

"What?", the blonde asked.

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?", the red head asks

"That bad huh?"

"I didn't say that.", Romanoff replied

"Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying.", Steve said

"No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you've had."

"You don't need practice."  "Everybody needs practice."

"It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm ninety-five, I'm not dead.", Rogers tells the assassin next to him ending the conversation.

Natasha just looks at the road in front of her quitely lost in her old world, her guard let down a bit giving way to a hint of sorrow to show up on her face. After a few minutes of silence he decides to break the ice.

"You okay?", he asks

"Yeah I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?", she replies.

"Cause you're awfully quite." he says and Nat sighs. "You miss her?"

"Was it that obvious?", she asks. "Ya know last week if she would've called me some stupid name I'd tell her to shut up but right now I'd give anything to hear her make one more sarcastic comment."

"Ironic isn't it?"

A sad smile makes its way onto Steve's face. He may not have been as close as the red-head to Y/n but hthey were still quite close.

"I would too.", he says quitely. 

"But you know, if she were here this would ususally be time she'd tell us to stop being so sappy.", he says and Nat chuckles.

»»————- ★ ————-««

 @The Secret Base

"Achoo!", you sneeze all of a sudden having to stop the work you were doing.

"Catching a cold?", JENNY says

"I dunno, I'm not one to catch colds all of a sudden.", you answer going back to the task at hand.

"Sure is loud in here.", Maria says entering with a paper bag which she places on the empty table. "I didn't know you were a fan of (favourite singer/band)"

"Uh-huh, you know it."

"You know, you should take a break. You've been at it for hours.", she says taking a seat putting up her feet at the table.

"I'll take a break when I'm done.", you move to the table behind you with the holographic blue prints of the server blades. "And get you feet off the table, it's disrespectful to Jen."

"Sorry.", she says putting her feet down. "But what about your shawarma?", she tries to reason.

"Shawarma?", you ask squinting your eyes as you look up. Then the look gets replaced with one of excitement. "Oh my god you actually got it?!"