#11 - So, it's Real

Tiara

I just finished presenting the final details for the plant-based meat marketing launch to my client. Once the planning is finalized, my team will start with the execution and my partner, Anna will take over from here. I'm more on the brain's & strategy while Anna is more on the hands-on. We work closely in every stage but pass the planning stage, I'll be less busy and will have more time for myself. Which I desperately need right now.

This project is for that same client who I rushed to meet after my first night with James.
It was only 4 months ago. Time flies so fast and so much things has happened. I chuckle to myself.

It's been 2 days since we found out about the pregnancy. I'm much calmer now, but for the first time in my life, I really don't know how to plan this. I don't even know where to start. James is taking the lead so far. He decided that we first need to see the doctor. To check if the baby is alright, what are the dos and don'ts. So far, none of us has mentioned anything about abortion. It may be unplanned and accidental, but there's no way I'm going to go down that path.

He has scheduled an appointment with the OBGYN at 4pm, now is already 3pm. What time is he planning to fetch me? I'm contemplating whether I should give him a call. I don't want to be late...

He picks up after the 4th ring, "Babe.. what time are you coming here?".

"Ahh Miss I-need-to-be-early is getting anxious is she?", he replies.

"Relax baby, we won't be late. Even so, it's by appointment. It's okay to be late a few minutes. I'm already leaving to your office.", he added.

"It's not nice to be late... Everyone's time are precious. Have you heard of time is-", he cuts me off, "-Gold. Yea yeah I know. I'll speed up to make sure we're on time.", he's saying this to annoy me, I'm sure of it.

"Drive carefully, bye!", I ended the call.

"See, we're 10 minutes early. With nothing to do. I could drive back to my apartment from here and return, we will still be early.", he complains.

"But we're coming from my office not your place."

He looks at me wide eyes, "That's not my point babe. My point is, we're wasting our time by being early".

How can someone complains for being early? How different we are. I'm so ready to fight him on this, I've been living more than 20 years of my life hating tardiness. "So, it's o-", he cuts me off by kissing me. It was soft and tender, that leaves me wanting more when he ends it. Too fast for my liking.

"You can keep your bullet points later when you want to educate our daughter."

Sneaky, he's using kisses to shut me up now. I didn't realize I was smiling until he points it out. It actually feels nice hearing him refers this thing in my tummy as our daughter.

"We don't know if it's a boy or a girl. And it's still too early.", I point it out.

"Well, I'm sure it's a girl."

"You don't want a boy?"

He stares at me silently while he gently caress my cheeks with his rough finger.
"A girl will most likely to turn out like their mom, right. I want our child to turn out like you, Sunshine.", he said with a sad look.

"Be ready to argue. Because I want our baby to turn out like their daddy. And you know, mother's instincts", I wink at him.

He pecks on my lips right when the nurse calls my name.

After running a number of tests and answering a series of questions and to James' suffering, we had to wait a little more for the tests. Finally, the doctor confirms that I am indeed pregnant. I'm at my 7-week. So, it's still too early to do an ultrasound. The doctor is giving us a plenty of advice, what to and what not to eat, she also prescribed some vitamins to take.

James looks serious this whole time, probably digesting this whole lot of information. I touched his hand to give him some assurance. He lace our hands together and caress the back of my hands. And he scowls whenever I call him sweet.

We are walking hand in hand towards his car feeling a little bit overwhelmed. So much info to digest, so many things to think of. Our life is really changing. I looked at James and touch my still flat belly.

"James, the doctor said our baby is the size of a blueberry. That's so small. Tiny.", I break the silence.

He chuckles and touch my belly too. "Yeah, so tiny. So we need to make sure you're well taken care of. No skipping lunch, ok.", he said the last part firmly before hugging me and nuzzles into my neck.

I heard him whisper, "So, it's real. We're going to be parents, sweetheart."