#40 - Secretive

Tiara

I walk into our bedroom and see our twins are well awake and attacking James in his sleep. Both of them are at his tummy using it like a drum set. James groans and attempt to roll over when suddenly Nolan moves over towards his face. Before I could do anything, a loud smack falls on his face, and James eyes flies wide open. I gasp and quickly scoop Nolan up, "Aww poor Daddy, why did you slap him, Noles?" He laughs amused at the whole situation followed by Niall who is still at James' tummy. I smile fondly looking at our now 1 year and 8 months old sons.

I took a seat next to James who is still lying on his back sleepily. He groans and covers his eyes with his left arm, "Like mother, like sons." I laugh at this, because the twins are both early risers like me. So this, is our morning routine. They took over my morning tasks to wake James up, albeit more violently.

Niall climbs over James to come to my side and hug me from behind while Nolan is hugging me from my front. Noticing this, James got up and give the three of us a big hug. Then, he moves his face closer to mine, trying to give me a kiss which unfortunately, land him with another smacks on his cheeks. "Ouch! That's it, move away buddies, let me kiss my woman.", he scoop each of them away from me and kiss me on my lips. It ended be just a peck as the boys pulls him away from me, "Miii—", they cry. "What mummy, please, she's mine first before she's yours.", James childishly tells our sons while he put his head on my lap.

"Alright, alright, that's it. Breakfast time! Up up now!", I tell the 3 boys and leave them to the kitchen.

"Babe, I'm going out.", James gives me a quick peck and walks out before I could say anything, leaving me dumbfounded. I'm not exactly clingy and I don't make it a habit to know his whereabouts. But it's rare for him to go out on Saturday noon instead of spending the time with the 3 of us. These 2 weeks I sense something different about him. He is still as sweet and caring as ever, but lately I often catch him zoning out and frowning. I don't know what's bugging him and he is quick to dismiss whenever I try to talk to him. He just turn in his latest articles, so I don't think it's work related. His relationship with his parents has improved a lot, so I doubt it's about them.

It's been a few hours since he left, the boys are taking their naps. So I take this chance to do all the house chores. I'm standing in the kitchen, cleaning up our fridge to discard any food that are left unfinished when I heard the sound of the front door opens. I expect him to look for me like he would usually do, but he quickly walks into his home office without even looking around. Once again, I'm dumbfounded with his actions. What is he hiding?

I'm running out of patience and seeing he's not planning to open up any time soon, I end up giving him a cold shoulder.

James

On weekdays, our family time are usually limited to breakfast and night time as both Tiara & I are working. So, not being able to spend my weekend with my precious girlfriend and our boys would definitely put me on a foul mood. Especially, when I know they were about to start some activities when I was leaving the house earlier. But I have no choice as what I need to do has to be done by today.
I speed up so I can at least bring them out to a park before dinner time.

When I walk into our home, I don't hear the twins, so I'm guessing they must still be napping. Before Tiara calls me, I quickly took a long stride into my home office. Making sure they're all well hidden, I come out to find Tiara in the kitchen.