#27 - Packing Up

Tiara

*ding dong*

"I'll get it! Stay there!", James told me while walking to the door.

I ignored his instruction and got up to welcome our guests. I managed to walk halfway to the front door when James walks back to me and scolds me, "Tiara! What did I say?!"

I roll my eyes at him and continue to walk but he blocks me with his large frame. "James! The doctor said I can walk! I'm not on total bed-rest! It's rude to not welcome our guests especially your mom!", I whisper scold him.

Not caring if other people heard us he argues back, "They can walk to you. Surely they would want to seat right, unless you let me kick them out as soon as they see you." Ohh god! This man!

"Oh my god! You're so beautiful!!", a voice of a mature lady interrupts us.

"Miss Johansson!", I greeted James' mother while ignoring her son.

"Wow! I never would have thought my son would be so lucky to have someone like you.", she reach me and give me a warm hug.

"I'm equally lucky...", I smiled shyly while I lean back to James who is standing behind me. "Thank you for coming! Let's have a seat, you must be tired from the long flight.", I invited her to the living room.

"Ohh sweetie, I should be thanking you! If not for you, I don't think I would ever be able to step into my own son's home.", we reach the living room to seat and she beams happily while taking a quick glance at the apartment.

"Woaaah! You surely have plenty of books! You really are a writer bro!", Luke who had fetch James' mom from the airport finally speaks as he scan through James' bookshelves.
Luke being such a kind and warm person as always has no qualms spending time with her despite the history their family had.

"Luke! Sit down! Don't touch my things or I'll kick you out.", James warns Luke as he take a seat next to me. I'm now sandwiched between him and his mother on the 3-seater couch.

Luke took a seat on the opposite single seater with a book in his hand. James snatch the book and place on the coffee table at the centre before returning to his seat and sulk like a boy. I rub his thigh in an attempt to calm him. I know it takes a lot for him to have other people in his space, I'm just so grateful that he let them visit.

"I'm so sorry for making you worry Miss Johansson", I really feel bad for making her travel all the way here as she heard of my condition.

"Ohh no no! Don't be too formal, you can just call me Laura."

"Yes baby, she's just my mom. Relax.", he said nonchalantly while sitting back very relaxed with his feet now on the coffee table as his fingers is absentmindedly playing with the ends of my hair.

"It's not just!", I pinched his thigh over his sweats. "Ouch!"

I giggle and turn back to his mom, "Well, Laura... Would you like some coffee?"

Before she could answer, Luke and James laugh at me and I wonder what's wrong with my question.

"You're not even giving her an option, Coffee or Tea?", says Luke.
James join in, "Yeah, not everyone is crazy for Coffee. Mom's British, baby."