#19 - She's MY baby

James

"Baby, I'm here!", I call Tiara as I enter her apartment with lots of groceries in hand. This week she's been craving for toasted marshmallows. Random.

I don't give a shit about her 3/5 dates rules. But we are taking it slow in terms of sex sincd that was how all these started. We decided to take time to get to know each other properly. I plan to bring her on proper dates first and maybe, officially ask her to be my girl? Do people still do that? I wouldn't know. I still haven't brought her out as we have both been quite busy.

I smiled looking at the vase of flowers that I had it delivered to her office yesterday, now sitting on the coffee table. I took a seat on the sofa across it. Just as I sat, she comes out from her room wearing a bathrobe, looking sexy. Is she trying to test me? But before I could do anything I noticed a deep frown on her face. "What's wrong?", I got up and cups her face worriedly.

"Hey. Nothing's wrong.", she puts up a smile that I know very well is fake.

"Are you lying to me know?"

She puffs out and sigh, "Fine, no I'm not okay. It's my family."

"What's with your family?"

"They have been asking to me to visit them since they found out I'm pregnant. I've been giving them excuses that I'm busy, morning sickness and all. But my mom is being so persistent that she threatened if I don't go over there, she'll come over.", her voice increases as she speaks.

"Ok, so I take it that it's better to go and meet them rather than having them here?", I ask to confirm.

"Oh yes! If I go and visit, at least I can run but if they come here, I can't kick them out", she said this with a horrified expression.

"You really do have a habit of running away, don't you."

She rolls her eyes and continues, "Anyway, so it's better I stop delaying the inevitable. I'll be going this Friday after work and be back by Sunday. I wish I can just show my face, spend a night to rest and be back here by Saturday morning."

"You're saying like you're going alone?"

"You wanna come?"

"Yea, I'm the father of the baby, so I guess it's expected, no? Plus, you seem to really hate the idea of going back, maybe my presence can be better for you?", I give her an assuring look.

"Ughh I don't know. I don't think you can handle my family. They are so... so judgmental, James.", she said frustratedly and curls up on the sofa. Just the thought of her family is already draining her energy.

"Bring it on, then. I don't give a fuck to what people say." I said confidently as I drag her to rest her head on my lap.

And that's where I'm very very wrong.

—-

"Tiara Roger, that's not how I raise you", her mom chided her.

We arrived about an hour ago and we're now having dinner. From the moment we stepped in until now, her mother had been nothing short of judgmental and snide. She makes my own mother an angel, because in her case, I was a real pain in the ass. The brother is here too, keeping silent the entire time apart from a quick hello when we met.