Chapter 1 Streets

Warnings: Transphobia, yelling, cursing, and mentions of child abuse

Tomura sighed as he opened the door to his families house. Well, more like his dad's house he reminded them all everyday. Kotaro held it over their heads he payed the bills, put food on the table, and gave them everything each one of them owned. Including the clothes on their back supposedly. Little did he know most of Tomura's clothes he'd bought himself throughout the years. Not that he'd notice Tomura's dad was to busy working or blacked out at the bar most of the time.

He used to constantly beat Tomura now that he was older it was harder for the man to be able to just do what ever he pleased to the man. Tomura was thankful for the times his dad was gone. He used it to catch up on college homework, play with his aging dog Mon, and take odd jobs here and there. Tomura wanted to stay with his family of protect them from his abusive father. Sadly, they never stood up for or protected him.

Tomura did online college currently so he wouldn't have to deal with people. He blamed part of his anti socialness on his parents for never letting him leave the backyard as a child unless necessary. If his dad ever found out he'd scrounged up enough money to barely pay for his college classes he'd be out on the streets. Kotaro Shimura didn't want anyone to have anything nice in this world. Especially, his ungrateful son Tomura.

That's what Kotaro thought of the man. Tomura was tired of defending his family from him. Tomura was tired of everyone including himself. He just wanted away from this all of this. Tomura walked up the stairs to his room glass littered the floor outside of his bedroom door. Tomura's shoes protected him from it. The Glass crunched under his feet. The man opened his door he noticed the pencil he had stuck in the door was missing. He put it there so if someone opened his door he'd know.

The hairs on the back of his neck rose someone had been in his room. Usually the others left his room alone meaning it could only be one person. Tomura wanted to run away but he remained rooted to the spot. The black haired male breathed in and out to calm himself down before he entered. Might as well see what his dear old dad broke or threw out this time.

Tomura grabbed the doorknob he turned it before walking into his room. Tomura hated his room being invaded it was his only private space. It's where he unwinded from the days events. To have someone invade it made his blood boil like crazy. The man walked in as expected he saw his dad sitting on his bed that he'd long outgrown. Tomura had the bed ever since he could remember. It had been big as a child but small now. The man and to curl up at night to sleep on it.

Kotaro glared at him as his son entered the room. "Where have you been all day" Kotaro asked not really caring. It wasn't like he cared if Tomura didn't come back ever again. "None of you're business." Tomura growled it took everything in him to not punch his father in the jaw. The man's very presence made his skin itch it would never go away until he left. It would grow worse every second he was there.

The itch like usual started off small. It started growing making him bring a hand up to scratch at his neck lightly. His pale skin was scarred from years of being scratched upon over and over again. It was a constant cycle he was tired of. "Why did I discover one of these fucking things again?" Kotaro asked Tomura was confused at first until the man held up one of his chest binders.

"Give that back!" Tomura growled that was the only one he owned. He'd gotten it from Spinner a birthday gift. The other one he'd owned had been destroyed by his father. Tomura wasn't wearing it right now he'd washed it since it had began to smell. The man thought he'd hide it well enough in his pillow case apparently not. He had let his guard slip a bit since his dad hadn't came into his room for a while.

"We already had this talk. You will be normal and be my daughter or get the hell out!" Kotaro yelled. Tomura glared at him, "I'm a boy always have been." He said their was no way was he going to put on a dress and play pretend "Pack you're shit and leave." Kotaro commanded. Kotaro left after that slamming the door on his way out. Tomura grabbed the only bag he owned he started putting the little possessions he owned into it.

The black haired male looked around for his binder. He couldn't find it with a pang of sadness he realized his dad had taken it. Tomura felt a tear run down his face he wiped it away viciously. Now was not the time to try he had more important things to worry about. Like where he was going to stay tonight. The man had not planned where he was going to stay. All he knew at the moment was he needed to get the hell out of here.

Tomura had enough of being degraded, hit, and defending people who didn't care about him that much. Maybe, it was time he learned to go out on his own. See the world like he hadn't been able to before. The man was sure the world would be a shit storm but it couldn't be as bad as this. Tomura swung his bag over his shoulder he ran out the front door. He was never looking back.

Tomura ran two blocks to put some distance between him and his dad. If Kotaro decided to try to look for him later he'd only go down kicking and screaming. The man didn't want it to get to that though so he decided to split. Tomura proceeded to walk until it turned dusk. The man sat down on a street corner he rummaged around in his bag for a snack. He unwrapped the granola bar so this was his life now huh?