Chapter 8 Acceptance

Tomura had his first meeting with Dabi's therapist today. He dressed nicer than usual he wore the outfit he had chosen to wear when he went to his job interview. Tomura had gotten the job at first he had considered finding a different one but with encouragement from Dabi he decided to go threw with it.

Besides, Tomura really needed this job he hadn't even payed the first months rent yet. Dabi had let him off saying that he could have as much time as he needed. Tomura didn't like the idea of cleaning up dog crap but he did like holding the puppies and playing with them.

Tomura felt bad making Dabi pay it all another reason to get a job. "Let's go creep I'm driving you." Dabi said he held up his keys to the man. "Are you sure? You don't have to come Dabi if you don't want to." Tomura said he didn't want the man to come because he thought he had to.

Dabi waved his hand dismissively, "Nah, I'm coming get in the car, creep." Dabi said he walked out the door Tomura behind him. Dabi had on his signature trench coat it made him look like a drug dealer in Tomura's opinion. Not that Dabi looked bad in it or anything.

Dabi drove them to the gender clinic it was about a hour away from where they lived. Both men talked and when they didn't music filled the silence. When they got their Dabi got out first Tomura sat in the car a few seconds trying to gather his nerves. Dabi opened the man's door, "Come on creep let's go." Dabi said he smiled at Tomura hoping to give him a little bit of confidence.

Tomura smiled at the man in thanks. Tomura breathed in and out once he felt a little better afterwards. Tomura followed Dabi through the parking lot up to the door of the building. "Your the manliest man I've ever met." Dabi said as they stopped near the door of the big looming white building.

"Thanks?" Tomura asked confused. Dabi smiled at him gave him a big thumbs up before pushing him threw the door. Tomura was confused as he was suddenly in the building. He looked around not sure of where to go it was quite large. Dabi grabbed his elbow leading him over to some not comfortable looking wooden chairs in the corner of the room.

Tomura sat down beside Dabi he looked around at his surroundings. The wall was a white like the outside it was covered in motivational posters. "I know it is bland but what medical place isn't?" Dabi said he was bored so he was hoping to converse with Tomura. "I don't know never been to a doctor before." Tomura said he didn't notice how Dabi gave him a weird look.

"What?" Dabi asked he looked at Tomura like he'd suddenly turned blue. "I've never been to a doctor's or therapist before?" Tomura asked confused why Dabi was making a big deal about it. "Hm, I had a feeling your parents were shitheads." Dabi said he leaned back in his chair a completive look on his face.

Tomura flinched uncomfortable how had Dubai known? "It's obvious you just have that I have daddy issues vibe about you. You know?" Dabi said he wasn't even looking at Tomura which made the man's skin crawl. "And you have drug dealer or murder vibes." Tomura shot back venomously he didn't feel comfortable with anyone digging into his past even of it was just assumptions.

"Dang creep settle down. I see the past is a touche subject. Don't worry mine is to." Dabi said he closed his eyes he smiled as he thought about something. "What's so funny?" Tomura asked he glared at the man wanting to know what had caused him to suddenly smile.

"Hm, oh nothing important." Dabi said he grinned more when he heard Tomura huff. "Uh, you are not gonna make assumptions about me then not tell me anything you think!" Tomura said he was starting to get annoyed as Dabi smirked at him. "Not assumptions facts. It takes a guy with daddy issues to know one right?" Dabi asked he opened one eye to stare at Tomura.

"Shut up." Tomura said he pouted turning away from Dabi because he knew the man was correct. But Dabi didn't need to know that. "Tomura your meeting with Mr.Kurogiri is ready." A receptionist lady said she looked around the waiting room for him. Tomura was surprised when he heard his name not his dead name.

He looked at Dabi confused usually all official places called him Tenko. "Oh, hear they call us by our chosen names legal or not. To make us more comfortable and all that." Dabi explained. "Oh, well that's nice..." Tomura said not quite sure what to say. On one hand he was grateful they cared. On the other he was still reeling from the shock.

Tomura looked back from the receptionist back to Dabi. "Go one now. You ace your therapy appointment then I'll take you out for a surprise." Dabi said he instantly piped Tomura's interest. Tomura started following the receptionist he looked back one last time towards Dabi.

"Go on I'll be here when you get back." Dabi said he closed his eyes again to most likely take a nap. Tomura smiled slightly he felt overwhelmed with positive emotions from being named properly but mostly from Dabi's encouragement. Tomura held his head up high he could do this.

Tomura followed the receptionist down the hallway. He wasn't as scared as he'd thought he'd be alone. Tomura still felt a twinge of nervousness but he was going to be okay. "This is where you'll be doing your appointment have a good day Tomura." The receptionist said before walking off down the hallway leaving him alone.

Tomura took in a deep breath before turning the doorknob. Tomura looked around the small room their was a desk in a corner with a middle aged man with purple hair, a back suit, and a name tag that read Kurogiri.

The man smiled at him the edges of his eyes crinkling up. "Welcome young man. Take a seat Tomura." Kurogiri said he motioned to some bean bags positioned in the corner.

Yes, I must included Kurogiri in all my fanfictions.