Chapter 18 Freedom

Warnings: cussing

"I can't believe it's finally happening." Tomura said in disbelief. It was the day he was supposed to get top surgery. He was excited and nervous at the same time. Dabi was their with him to support him along with his mom and sister. "Well, it is I hope you know I'm proud of you." Nao said she tucked a piece of hair behind her son's ear.

"Thanks, Mom." Tomura said he hugged her tightly. "Hey, don't forget about me!" Hana said they both laughed as Hana hugged them both. Dabi stood there awkwardly scratching the back of his back of his neck as he watched the family hug. "Get in here." Tomura said to Dabi who reluctantly obeyed.

Once they all seperated Tomura noticed Nao was beaming. "What's up Mom?" Tomura asked wondering what she was so happy about. "I took your advice Tomura. I got a legal separation from your father." Nao said she chuckled as she saw both her kids eyes widen.

"That's great!" Tomura said happily. "I know now we won't have to put up with that old bastard anymore!" Hana said shocking everyone in the room. "I cuss sometimes don't give me that look." Hana said Tomura rolled his eyes at his sister. "No cussing Hana." Nao said in a scolding tone.

"Sorry Mom." Hana said she hung her head ashamed. Tomura patted her on the back in sympathy. "Tomura it is time!" A nurse said he looked around the waiting room for Tomura. "That would be me." Tomura said he walked over to where the nurse was waiting.

"I'll see after your surgery is done." Dabi said he smiled at his boyfriend pulling him into a hug. Tomura smiled back he hugged Dabi. The two men separated Dabi kissed Tomura on the check before he left. Dabi slumped down into one of the waiting room chairs it was going to be a few hours until Tomura was done.

Dabi was worried that something might go wrong. He tried to quit the those thoughts in his head. Tomura was being operated on by professionals who knew what they were doing. His top surgery and many other people's had gone well with no complications. Dabi hoped that he was right he couldn't live with Tomura being hurt even if the chances were low it stressed him out.

"He'll be okay I'm sure of it." Nao said she squeezed Dabi's shoulder reassuringly. Dabi was glad they were able to get over their original meeting when Tomura had gotten stabbed in the leg. It had been awkward between them for a while but now they were both over it.

"I hope your right." Dabi said he glanced nervously at the door Tomura had gone through. "I know my little bro. He's more stubborn and resilient than anyone I know. Tomura will be fine." Hana said she sat down beside Dabi pulling out her phone to make time go by faster. Dabi knew he should do the same but his mind kept spiralling.

Eventually, he was able to calm down enough to converse with Nao. "I can't believe he did that!" Dabi said in-between laughs. "I know but it is just like Tomura to do something that crazy." Nao said fondly. "I could totally see him kicking his teacher for trying to make him wear a skirt at school." Dabi said he could envision a younger Tomura doing exactly that.

"Yeah, he didn't take well to wearing feminine clothes ever." Nao said she looked guilty for a second. Dabi decided not to think about it but he guessed she never fought for Tomura when it came to anything especially him being trans. "I wish I would have helped him more." She admitted. "I should have helped him more with how much he struggled during high school. But I was scared of him..." Nao said she looked away from Dabi.

"I know somebody who never protected me. I forgave her. Tomura has clearly forgiven you even if he hasn't said it." Dabi said he smiled slightly as he remembered white hair and beautiful gray eyes. Sometimes he hated his eyes they looked exactly like his father's. The only thing that was missing was the hatred in them.

Tomura woke up a few hours after his surgery. Dabi was able to see him but his boyfriend was on morphine to help deal with the pain. "How ya feeling?" Dabi asked he took Tomura's hand in his own. His boyfriend smiled slightly as he looked down at their connected hands. "A little sore but luckily the morphine stops most of the pain." Tomura said he was glad for that.

"Hm, yeah just wait until it wears off more." Dabi said part of him jokingly the other part serious. "Thanks for the amazing warning Dabi. But they are gonna give me medicine so shut up." Tomura said he flipped Dabi off which made the other man laugh. "I can't wait to see what it looks like." Dabi said he looked down at Tomura's bandaged chest.

  "Yeah, me too." Tomura said he hoped it looked good. "My top surgery results are so good though that yours won't compare to how sexy mine makes me look." Dabi joked he smirked at Tomura. "Sure we'll see dipshit" Tomura said rolling his eyes but he was smiling fondly.

"I hate this." Tomura grumbled he had been confined to his bed for the last week. "You'll be able to move around soon, creep." Dabi said he was on the other side of Tomura's bed they were both watching a movie on Dabi's phone. "As much as I love a good excuse to be lazy and not go to work or do any homework I'm going to kill you if I can't move around soon." Tomura said grumpily.

Tomura eyes widened as he looked into the mirror. He had finally been able to take off the binder and bandages that had been on his chest for a week. Sure his chest was sore, he had scars that were almost black in color, scabs, and it wasn't perfect. Tomura felt though despite all that he was finally who he was supposed to be. This was freedom. This was him.