Chapter 9 Pick Up The Pecies Of Me

Shigaraki sat down in one of the bean bags hesitantly. He eyed Kurogiri suspiciously he didn't know the man so his senses were on high alert. Kurogiri smiled at him he sent him a sad look he understood that Tomura had clearly been through some things no human should have to go threw.

"Okay Tomura I'm going to ask you a few questions before we start." Kurogiri said he looked at his clipboard then Tomura. Tomura gave no que he was listening other than his eyes narrowing a bit. Kurogiri shook his head it was a shame that the world made people act like caged animals that needed to be on high alert.

The man had seen it to many times before. While the job of a therapist was rewarding when he got to help people it could be upsetting to see how people had to suffer. "Okay I know you're preferred name how about pronouns?" Kurogiri asked he kept his gaze on his clipboard not wanting to make Tomura uncomfortable.

Tomura was glad for that he felt like everytime Kurogiri looked at him he could read into anything he thought. It was stupid Tomura thought but he appreciated the man noticed and took action. "I go by male pronouns by gender neutral ones are fine too." Tomura said his voice was quiet but it sounded loud to him in the small room.

"Okay, second one is what do you wish to accomplish in your transition? It will be helpful to know so we can help you towards your goals. If your goals change just notify me and we shall change them when ever you wish." Kurogiri said he glanced at Tomura the man had relaxed slightly after he realized Kurogiri wasn't going to hurt him.

Tomura sat there for a few moments thinking about it. The man hadn't really thought about what he wanted to accomplish and if it was ever financially possible for him. Tomura hadn't ever thought he'd be able to just walk away from his father. The man had Tomura under his control for the longest time.

Tomura was free now even if he was at the mercy of the world and Dabi. Tomura was glad he had left even if he didn't have much of a plan for the future. Tomura hadn't been able to prepare for anything so he just was figuring it out as he went. "I suppose I do want top surgery. Testosterone obviously. Legal name and gender changes. Other than that not really anything else." Tomura said he saw Kurogiri start writing that all down.

"We shall do our best to help you. Is their any concerns or questions about any of the process of any of them?" Kurogiri asked Tomura shook his head. Tomura knew more than plenty enough after Dabi and him had spent a whole afternoon researching potential surgeons and costs.

It would be a while before Tomura could afford any of that though. He was barley able to pay Dabi back for the months of bills he hadn't been able to pay. Dabi had insisted it was okay but Tomura didn't want to screw Dabi over. Dabi had let him after a week of straight back and forth bickering.

"Our last question here is do you need any financial help? A lot of people need help don't feel afraid. We can always try to get you cover costs for medical stuff threw multiple organizations that are their for this reason." Kurogiri said he sent Tomura a knowing look that made Tomura tense up.

"I um..." Tomura began to say something but stopped when Kurogiri sent him a look that screamed don't lie to me. Kurogiri started writing on his paper now making Tomura nervous. "Uh, yeah I could use help I suppose..." Tomura said hesitantly after a few seconds of silence.

Kurogiri smiled at him, "Great I'll see what I can do!" Kurogiri said he clapped his hands together which made Tomura flinch due to the sudden loud noise. "I apologize young man I did not intend to scare you." Kurogiri said he looked apologetic so Tomura let it slide.

"Now that concludes our session for today meet me here next week same time and we shall continue our discussion." Kurogiri said he went to the door and opened it for Tomura. Tomura got up he walked by Kurogiri less tense than he had been when he'd shown up. "Good bye, Tomura. Take care." Kurogiri said he waved to the man.

Tomura sent a small wave back before exiting the room. Tomura was glad Kurogiri cared about him enough to consider his comfort even if it was just on a professional level. Tomura left the gender clinic lighter than he had been when he'd entered. He did feel better about his progress towards being who he wanted to be even if had just been his first meeting with Kurogiri.

Dabi was asleep by the time Tomura got back to the waiting room. Tomura smiled he looked so peaceful. Tomura walked over to Dabi he leaned down he kissed Dabi on the head. He didn't know why he did it but he did feel grateful towards the man for everything he'd done for Tomura.

Tomura almost didn't almost have the heart to wake Dabi up but he was the only one with a license and they needed to leave. "Dabi wake up." Tomura said he shaked Dabi lightly. "Huh, where am I?" Dabi asked he looked around he blinked a few times to clear the sleep from his eyes.

"You took me to my first appointment with Kurogiri remember?" Tomura asked he smiled down at Dabi he looked adorable. Tomura shook his head he shouldn't think that about his friend. "Yeah, let's go I still owe you that surprise don't I?" Dabi said he smiled back at Tomura.

Dabi stretched Tomura didn't think it had been comfortable to sleep in the waiting room chair. It hadn't been comfortable at all to sit in even. "Let's go then shall we?" Dabi said he held his hand out for Tomura. Tomura felt his heart beat in his chest rapidly. "Yeah, let's go." Tomura said he smiled he couldn't wait for what Dabi wanted to show him.