Chapter 15 Family

Warnings: implied past self harm

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Dabi asked worriedly as he watched Tomura get up to get his phone that was across the room at the table. "I'm sure Dabi." Tomura said he said it like he was annoyed by the question but he was smiling. Tomura had been given a brace for his leg after he'd been stabbed by a random guy.

He'd had a hand out over his mouth he was told not to make a sound. Tomura had screamed after the guy had removed his hand for a second. He'd been rushed out of their while Dabi was distracted into a nearby alley. He'd been stabbed in the leg the guy had fled after hearing that Dabi was looking for Tomura nearby.

Tomura shivered he never wanted to be alone like that again. He was sitting between consciousness and unconscious constantly his leg was in pain he felt horrible. Dabi calling him had made the haze go away a little bit but then he'd spaced out. When Dabi arrived he'd woken up to say a few words not that he remembered what.

Tomura had been told that Dabi had taken to the hospital. He had waited the whole time that he'd been in there. Hana and his mom had been notified since they were his family if Kataro was he didn't care enough to show up. Not that Tomura minded. Tomura's family had been in contact with him ever since the incident.

Dabi had stayed by his bedside while he was out of it. Hana and his mom visited as often as they could. Tomura was glad that Dabi cared so much but the idiot had taken time off work to watch after him. Tomura hated having people worry about him so much it disrupted their lives.

Hana had gotten the pronouns and new name thing down fast. His mom was still having trouble but she was trying. It seemed that distancing himself for a few months did the trick for teaching them that he wasn't going to tolerate being misgendered. Dabi would also chime in if they got especially forgetful. Tomura found it amusing.

Tomura had learned to walk again after a few weeks of physical therapy and help from Dabi or his family. Tomura had started walking by himself again the last few days it made Dabi's every nerve go on edge. The man mothered him constantly asking if his leg hurt or if he needed help. It was kinda annoying at times he hated being treated like a baby but he mostly found it adorable that Dabi was ready to drop anything to aid him.

Tomura was glad to be home and not surrounded in blood in a dark alleyway believing he was going to die alone or in a hospital he always had hated white walls. Tomura grabbed his phone he walked back over to the couch. Tomura now had a limp it wasn't bad barley noticable but he sure noticed it.

The man believed he was taking his injury quite well which was now a scar. It was jagged unsightly looking in his opinion. He already had scars he was self conscious about them. Dabi said he should think of it as his story marks they all had a story after all weather he got them on accident by tripping as a child, got them from himself, or someone else caused them.

"See I got it." Tomura said grinning at Dabi. "Yeah, I see that but if you need me at all I'll help you." Dabi said he grabbed a hold of Tomura's hand making his face turn red. "I know thanks Dabi." Tomura said he looked down at their intertwined hands and grinned even wider. "For what?" Dabi asked confused. "Everything." Tomura said he kissed Dabi on the cheek.

Dabi felt like his cheeks were on fire he knew he liked it so why did he feel like he was embarrassed. Dabi smiled as Tomura laid his head on his shoulder. They both sat their for multiple minutes just enjoying each other's company and the quiet.

  Nao Shimura Tomura's mom came over later that evening. He had reconnected with them after he had been hurt and in the hospital. Tomura was still a little hesitant to be around his family at times but it felt good to be surrounded by them again. His mom was also worried about his leg he wondered if this is what it would have felt like to have someone care for him as a child.

The man still carried resentment to all of them in his heart. He never truly knew if it'd ever go away. But he did what to try to allow them to be in his life. They were all sitting around the table. Dabi had to go to work especially after taking almost a week off to care for Tomura. Tomura felt bad for Dabi having to do that but Dabi assured him it was okay.

"I've noticed you and Dabi are really close." Hana said she said it teasingly. Tomura sent her a glare but he couldn't help the color that came to his face. "Yeah, so what about it?" Tomura asked defensively. Hana got straight to the point noticing her brother was starting to act cagey. Not that she blamed him.

"Well, I've seen the way you two look at each other." Hana said holding her hands up to show she didn't mean any harm by bringing this up. Tomura relaxed slightly but his glare was still present. "Okay, maybe I do like him what about it?" Tomura asked he nearly fell of his seat in fright as his sister released a big excited squeal.

Tomura shot her another glare but it had no real heat behind it. "Tomura's got a boyfriend! Tomura's got a boyfriend!" Hana yelled happily as she ran around the kitchen. "Aw, shut up! He's not my boyfriend." Tomura said he put his head on the table covering his face which was surely red as Hana teased him relentlessly.

"Mom make her stop!" Tomura pleaded he didn't care if it sounded childish. "Hana quit harassing your brother!" Nao said but she was smiling so it betrayed her mad tone of voice. Hana stopped though but she decided she needed the last word in. She whispered something to Tomura that made him get up to back hand her. She laughed meanwhile he just grumbled something about dumb sisters.

Tomura realized he could get used to this. Even the annoying sister. This is what he assumed having a family felt like. No family was perfect it just took his a while to accept him for who he was. But now they were all finally back together. He wasn't going to lie it felt amazing.