Chapter 19 This Is Home

Warnings: cussing

"Dabi if you mess this up I will kill you." Tomura threatened but they both knew his words were empty. "Settle down I've done this a hundred times before." Dabi said trying to calm down his anxious boyfriend. Tomura was trusting the man to dye his hair a blue grey color.

Originally, Tomura had been hesitant to dye his hair he couldn't keep the curious feeling at bay forever. So, now here they both were after Dabi had just finished. Tomura stared into the bathroom mirror transfixed. It was just a change in the color of his hair he thought it made him look a little different though.

"Looks good on ya, creep!" Dabi said smiling ruffling the man's hair. Tomura swatted his hand away half forcefully. Dabi ruffled his hair after that just to annoy his boyfriend. "Thanks, dipshit." Tomura said smiling he kissed Dabi on the cheek before jumping down from the chair he'd been sitting in while Dabi dyed his hair.

Dabi smiled now that he realized he had left his hair undyed for a while. He didn't know if it was so he didn't have to go threw the trouble of keeping his snow white hair black or if he just didn't feel the need to hide his natural hair color anymore. He shrugged he guessed it didn't matter. Just like many other parts of himself Dabi had felt the need to hide the true color of his hair. He didn't really feel the need anymore.

Tomura ran into their house he saw something that they'd both been waiting for in the mail for a few weeks. "Guess what came in?" He asked excitedly. "What?" Dabi asked he was sitting on the couch watching TV. Tomura opened the package carefully he say for different papers on the table in front of Dabi.

At first Dabi didn't pay much attention to them he glanced at it. Once he saw what it was his eyes widened and he picked up one of the four copies. "Your kidding right?" Dabi asked amazed he had to fill out paperwork for it but it still amazed him at what he was holding. "Nope it's real!" Tomura said excitedly he grabbed a copy with his name on it holding it up proudly.

Dabi laughed he took a picture of his boyfriend despite his protests. They both finally had their names and genders legally changed. They had both waited for a while due to wanting to get all the hassle together done at once. Tomura found it great that he'd hopefully never be misgendered again by anyone who looked at his legal records.

"How are you doing, dude?" Spinner asked Shigaraki they were talking on discord after Dabi and him had hung out for a while. "I'm fine just got my legal name and gender changed." Tomura said he was still happy about that even if it had been a week. "That's great Tomura." Spinner said Tomura smiled he really was grateful for his friends support.

"Tomura I have something for you once you get off work." Dabi said he had called his boyfriend. "Yeah, and what is that?" Tomura asked curiously. "Hm, tell you when you get here." Dabi said he smiled as he knew Tomura would whine about his answer. "I want to know now. But I'll wait so it better be good." Tomura grumbled Dabi chuckled.

They had now met a little over a year ago and Dabi wanted to do something to celebrate. Mon had sadly passed away a little over a year ago it had crushed Tomura. Dabi had a idea to hopefully make his boyfriend a little happier. He was aware he could never replace Mon. But he could help with her death.

"Quit biting me you little prick!" Dabi said as his finger was once again nipped by the furry creature in his lap. The puppy whined at being yelling at. Dabi sighed this dog was really going to be the death of him. "Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry." Dabi said he petted the dogs fuzzy little head. The puppy licked his hand before falling asleep in his lap.

"Be glad you're cute." Dabi muttered as he stared down at him. Dabi waited impatiently for Tomura to come home. He was getting off in thirty minutes but he couldn't wait to surprise him. Dabi wanted to get up but it felt criminal to move the puppy in his lap especially while he was sleeping.

"I'm growing soft." Dabi said to himself not that he cared that much. Dabi sat the dog quietly on the couch whenever he heard footsteps coming up towards the door. The puppy whined Dabi shushed him hoping he'd be quiet enough so he could surprise Tomura. The puppy complied falling back asleep.

Dabi waited anxiously as Tomura unlocked the door. "Hey, creep how was your day?" Dabi asked leaning against the doorway. Tomura gave him an unamused look. "Okay Dabi what's going on?" Tomura asked suspicious. "Ready for your surprise?" Dabi asked. "Yes?" Tomura asked he wondered what it was.

"Come here you little crap." Dabi said he looked over at the puppy on the couch which was hidden from Tomura's view. Dabi picked the puppy up the dog whined as it squirmed in his arms. "I got you something since we've known one another for a year now." Dabi said he held the puppy out for Tomura to take.

Tomura's eyes widened he didn't know what to do. "Hey, please take him ow-" Dabi said he was cut off by the puppy smacking him in the face with his paw during his flailing. Tomura took the puppy into his arms he didn't say anything which concerned Dabi. "Do you not like him? I'm sorry if it was to soon after..." Dabi said he cut himself off not wanting to say the final words.

"No I love him." Tomura said he kissed the puppy on the head gently cradling the animal to his chest. Tomura sat the dog down on the couch he hugged Dabi. "Thank you Dabi." Tomura said he smiled at the man tears were in the corners of his eyes. "Are you okay?" Dabi asked. "Yeah, I'm just really really happy right now." Tomura said he grinned big as he watched the puppy chase his tail in a circle. Tomura knew he had finally found his home.