Chapter 12 Pride In Who I Am

"Hey, Dabi what are you doing?" Tomura asked he sat on the couch beside Dabi who was scrolling threw his phone. "Oh, since it's June soon I figured I would do to at least one pride parade like I usually do." Dabi said he absent mindedly petted Mon as she was laying right next to him almost asleep from being petted. Dabi thought she was like her owner if you ran your hands threw their hair or fur they would melt like a ice cube.

"Huh, I didn't realize it was that close to June." Tomura said the days had been flying by now that he had summer break from college. Tomura had passed the year with B's not the best but it was incredible to him since he hadn't believed he'd get a D. Tomura had been super stressed with finals luckily Dabi had been there to make sure he didn't die. The man made him eat food and drink even if Tomura didn't remember it.

Tomura had also been trying to figure out his feelings for Dabi. Tomura had realized with shock after a talk with Toga when Dabi had left to the store. She had told him he was so obvious about it. Tomura wondered if Dabi knew to. Tomura glanced at Dabi paranoid like he'd know his thoughts.

Dabi was to distracted by his phone to notice though. Tomura let out a relived sigh. Did Dabi know though? Tomura did want to ask him out sure but it wasn't that easy. What if Dabi didn't even like men? Or just him? He didn't want to ruin a friendship especially with the only other person he knew who understands him.

Tomura got lost in his own thoughts he didn't realize it when Dabi called his name. "Excuse me what?" Tomura ask he looked at Dabi wondering what he'd said. "Ugh, Tomura listen. Anyways, would you want to come with me to the pride parade about twenty minutes away this weekend?" Dabi asked he looked hopeful.

Tomura didn't know if he wanted to go. Sure he wasn't ashamed to be trans anymore but he didn't know if he was ready to go out in public and hang out with other people like them. He had just barley began to accept himself he didn't think he could deal with people not accepting him. Even if it wasn't likely his mind tended to spiral when he thought about something that could go wrong even if it wasn't likely to.

"You don't have to come." Dabi said he put a hand on Tomura's shoulder. Tomura felt a blush rise to his cheeks. He did want to hangout with Dabi at the pride parade that would be awesome. But he didn't know if he was ready. He knew Dabi would be disappointed if he didn't go but he wouldn't pressure him and the other male would understand his decision.

"Let me think on it." Tomura said he couldn't give a solid answer yet he still had to sort threw his own thoughts first. Tomura did think about it long and hard. It consumed his thoughts daily up until the weekend even at bad times like when he was working or well supposed to be. He couldn't stop thinking about everything that could go incredibly wrong or how fun it could possibly be.

Tomura did have his decision by the weekend though. "I'm going." Tomura said to Dabi as he was eating breakfast almost ready to go. "Okay go get ready creep." Dabi said he smiled at Tomura. Tomura felt his heart beat faster in his chest he'd do almost anything to see that smile again. In his opinion Dabi's smile was more beautiful than a sunset.

It may be cheesy but Tomura never said he wasn't. Not that Dabi would ever know though. Tomura got dressed hurriedly not wanting to keep Dabi waiting to long. Tomura picked out a simple outfit blue jeans and a black t-shirt. Dabi was also dressed casual with a white tshirt and black jeans.

Dabi drove them as usual Dabi started playing his pride playlist on Spotify which consisted of lbgtqia+ songs. Tomura found it amusing when Dabi pulled out his giant rainbow pride flag. "I wouldn't be laughing creep." Dabi said Tomura gave him a confused look. Dabi went to the back of the car he picked up a giant trans flag and threw it at Tomura.

"Uh, thanks?" Tomura asked confused he didn't know what he was supposed to do with it. Tomura stared at the flag like it had hurt him. "Here." Dabi said he had tied his own flag around his neck like a cape. Dabi took the trans flag from Tomura he tied it around Tomura's neck tight enough for it to stay on but not to tight to suffocate him.

Tomura stared at it a few seconds longer before grinning. He did a spin and Dabi clapped trying not to laugh. "You're like a model creep. Giving me a whole look on your amazing outfit." Dabi said he burst out laughing when Tomura sent him a glare.

Tomura saw someone else who was holding a small trans flag wave at him. Tomura waved back hesitantly. Tomura looked around their was a lot more people than he'd expected. "Theirs a lot more of us than you realize." Dabi said he looked at all the people coming in.

"Clearly it's kinda amazing how people think we're a rare and new thing but look at all these people." Tomura said amazed as he surveyed the crowd. "Come on let's go." Dabi said he smiled at Tomura holding out his hand. Tomura felt heat rise to his cheeks the sun framed Dabi's face perfectly. Tomura wished he could frame that moment as a photo forever.

Tomura took Dabi's hand hesitantly following him threw the crowd so they wouldn't loose each other. Tomura was nervous Dabi rubbed his thumb over the top of his hand. Tomura shot him a grateful smile. "We can be ourselves here, Tomura. No one is going to judge you." Dabi said trying to calm Tomura down.

  "I know thanks Dabi." Tomura said he gripped his friends hand harder. "Any time, creep. Anytime." Dabi said he smiled at Tomura like he'd hung the stars himself. Tomura looked away with a blush on his face this was going to be a great day hopefully.