Yellow

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

Shawn had fallen asleep next to Ashley. She had woken up and all was right in his world. He kept waking up thinking back to his nightmare where he lost his love just to make sure she had woken up. The doctor had walked in and checked her notes and smiled at the couple. At this moment he had woken up and reluctantly left Ashley's side apologising fearing he would be kicked out.

The doctor smiled at him once more and continued to check Ashley's vitals. Shawn watched her every move and that's when he noticed something wasn't right.

Is everything okay doctor? He asked

I'm doctor Jackson, Her heart rate is low and her oxygen level is at 70% it's not bad at this point but given the circumstances, it's a little worrisome. She replied

What does that mean? Is she going to be okay? I asked

To put it simply were not out of the woods just yet young man.

Her reply broke shawn's heart. He knew deep down even though she woke up that something wasn't right. The doctor patted his shoulder and gave a soft smile before walking out of her room. Shawn sat next to Ashley's bed took her hand in his and prayed like he never did before.

Lord God, I know I don't pray often and sometimes I doubt your merciful power, I know that with your miraculous hands will heal my Ashley, from head to toe, you alone are the Holy One that can heal her you alone are our strength,
Please help Ashley to wake up from this, and recover from it, Help us to be strong and to keep our faith in you, we want to feel your graces dear Lord, we want to feel your here with us, in Jesus holy name. Amen.

Tears fell from shawn's eyes as he repeated the message while caressing her hand with his thumb eventually falling asleep. His mom came in and smiled as she sat down in a chair across the room observing the two. She knew Ashley was the one for her baby boy. She has seen Shawn in such a dark place for so long she was worried that he would take it too far. He didn't know that she knew about his struggles and she was going to keep it that way. Every night she prayed that he would see the light or someone would pull him out of the darkness and it seems like her prayers were answered.

Ashley started moaning and woke Shawn up. Scared out of his mind he called for the nurse and tried to calm her down.

Shhh, buttercup it's ok I'm right here nothing gonna happen he said stroking her hair.

It hurts so bad Ashley moaned again this time with tears falling from her eyes.

He kissed them away and held her close to him. He started to get up but she stopped him.

Please don't leave me, she cried.

He held her close as he reassured her he wasn't going anywhere.

Not knowing his mom was there she stood up cleared her throat and stated shell go get someone stay with your girl she smiled and walked out. By this time Ashley was in hysterics the tears like waterfalls. It broke shawns heart to see her like this.

The doctor came into the room with his mom behind him and asked what was going on. He told her that she was asleep woke up and crying in pain.