Self Conclusion

You make it sound so easy to be alive
But tell me, how am I supposed to seize this day
When everything inside of me has died?"
My reply:
"Trust me, girl
I know your legs are pleading to leap
But I offer you this easy choice-
Instead of dying, living with me"

After he left I stood there stunned. He was a beautiful man. After I got my shit together I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost 1 am. Great back to the shit show I thought as I started to walk back home.

As soon as I was in the door my dad drunk as could be started his riot act.

Where were you! Do you have any idea as to what time it is? Why can't you be like your sister? You good for nothing piece if shit. I swear the best part of you ran down your mothers leg!
He screamed at me. I didn't say a word as I just turned around and went towards my room as he grabbed my hand and made me turn around. He sacked me across the face and spit on me. I didn't react as for that is what he wanted and I went to my room.

By this time I was tearing up. I looked in the mirror and saw the mark that my dad had caused touched it and winced. Yeah that's going to leave a mark I said out loud. I decided right then and there that I was going to leave. No money no job nothing to my name but it's gotta be better then living in this hell hole. So I started to pack a bag.

Ashley are you alright? Cole asked me.

Not even noticing I was crying at this point I assured him i was fine and kept telling the story.

If you need a moment I understand he said nervously.

Nah Michael I'm good I assured him.

So I packed a bag and waited until I knew he was passed out. I didn't leave a note or anything what's the point he wouldn't care and my mother was so doped up on pain pills she wouldn't notice either.

I left around 4:30 am and never looked back. I walked around Central Park for a while and as the sun started to come up I found a bridge and sat on the wall looking down watching the flow of the river. Maybe this was wrong I thought to myself I have no money no where to live and no friends I could even crash at. Still I made my choice and there's no  going back.

I walked around aimlessly and discovered a gym around the building that raw was held the night before. Suddenly my thoughts flashed back to the man with the beautiful eyes. I decided to go in and check it out at least I could get warm for a few minutes.

I stood at the back of the gym and just watched. There was people in a ring that I'm pretty sure was meant for boxing but what's the difference really. They were running against the ropes and hitting elbows and punches. Why does this look like such fun I asked myself and started smiling. I felt like there was a set of eyes on me but couldn't figure out where they were coming from.

I sat there watching them until they started to gather their things and left. I went back to the bridge I did the same and watched the water flow. I always loved the sound of the water it calms me.

Please don't jump I heard a voice quietly behind me not to scare me.

I looked over and it was Shawn the guy from last night he had this sad look in his eyes.

I'm sorry what? I didn't hear you.

I said please don't jump Ashley he repeated.

What no I swear I wasn't... I trailed off knowing full well I was thinking about it.

He sat down besides me. What is a pretty girl like you doing out at this time of night by herself? He asked

Please me pretty yeah ok have you looked at me? I said looking down towards the water again.

Well yeah that's the point I was looking at you the whole time you were at the gym and the faces you made watching us practice.

So it was you that was looking at me. I said dumbfounded. I knew there was someone watching me I just couldn't find where it was coming from.

Stalker much I laughed and cracked a smile.

Not stalking observing there's a difference ya know he said cracking his gum

So what's your story he asked. This is two nights in a row that you've been out late. Tell me what's up buttercup he asked

Like you really want to know I retorted .

He looked offended. Well darling if I didn't wanna know I wouldn't have asked.

I shivered and he took off his coat and draped it around my shoulders.

You don't have to do that I said.

I know I don't but your cold and you need it more then I do right now. You also look like you need a friend so tell
Me what's wrong.

I spent the next hour opening up to him something in which I don't normally do. I told him everything and by the time I finished I was in tears.

I... I don't know what to say he stumbled trying to find the words.

It's ok don't pitty me I'll figure something out I always do I said once again looking down. I yawned

So do you have a place to go tonight? He asked.

Nope but I'll figure something out I always do I said getting up. I'm gonna go now I don't wanna bother you any longer with my problems. Thanks for listening to me and good luck with everything I said turning away.

He got up and grabbed my arm. Ashley why don't you come home with me? He asked.

What? I questioned. I don't even know you.

I know that but this is the crazy part I want to get to know you. And honestly you look like someone that needs help.

Listen Shawn I don't need pitty it was my choice to leave and It'll work out.

Ashley I'm not taking no for an awnswr he said picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

Please Shawn just let me down you don't have to do this I don't want cause you problems and that's what I do I'm the problem child that causes everything to go wrong and I don't want to mess anything up for you.

He put me down and looked at me. Oh god how I can get lost in his eyes. Look trust me you won't cause any problems I can't go home knowing I'm warm and your out here cold and not safe.

I yawned again.

Please Ashley he gave me that smirk...

Ok then I guess as he grabbed my hand and we started walking.

We got to his house he opened the door and told me I could make myself at home. I sat on the couch and within moments I was passed out.