The Day I Left The Womb

If you see mother, tell her I can sing
Please don't worry, I am doing fine.
You're much to busy to even find the time
So use your chemicals and take this to your grave

Shawn held my hand while walking up the drive way. I stopped and turned to look at him.

Shawn please promise that whatever you see in there your not going to judge me. It's probably a shit show in there and I would like you to know that isn't me.

I promise buttercup no matter what's inside I won't judge he said and squeezed my hand. Now let's get this over with so we can leave this life in the past where it belongs.

I smiled and squeezed his hand back taking a step toward the front porch. With a deep breath I opened the door and just as I suspected it was a pig sty inside I looked at Shawn and he gave me a small smile of reassurance and We walked in. I gripped shawn's hand for dear life as all of the memories started to flood into my head. I walked into the living room and there was my mother as suspected passed out on the couch with liquor bottles all around her and a bottle of pills in her hand.

I pulled Shawn upstairs as fast as I could and went to my room and closed the door behind us.

I'm so sorry you had to see all of this I said with a tear running down my face.

He pulled me to him and wiped the stray tear from my face and pulled me close.

Don't be sorry Ashley I know your better then this I mean hell your room is the cleanest in the whole house he laughed.

And the saddest. I don't even have a bed just a bunch of old cushions on the floor I somehow managed to make look nice I laughed.

He must have felt that I was struggling to not break down and went to the dresser.

So just the clothes? He asked

Yes I replied pulling a duffel bag out of the closet.

It didn't take long as I didn't have much after we put everything in the bag I stood and looked at the room Shawn walked over to me and put his arms around me.

Thank you for saving me I whispered not thinking he could hear me.

No problem buttercup he replied he said tightening his grip.

So are you ready? He asked.

Wait there's one more thing I want to grab I said moving away from him.

I walked over to my jewelry box and pulled out my cross necklace my grandma gave to be before she passed.

I used to wear this everyday until in one of my dads drunken episodes he broke the chain on me and I just never replaced it. I was convinced that it was safer in the box then it was on me.

It's beautiful ash. He said looking at it. Your grandma had great taste.

She was the best Shawn I miss her everyday life sucks so much without her.

I put the small box in my duffle and picked it up.

You good? I asked I wanna leave.

Ready when you are he grabbed my hand.

We started to walk out of the room and that's when I heard a car pull up and I froze.

It's ok Ashley nothing is going to happen I promise he said

I took a deep breath and walked through the house to the front door only to see my dad in his car in the driveway. I tensed and Shawn squeezed my hand he went first and pulled me along after him. Dad was getting out of the car as we were walking past.

Hey slut who is this and where do you think your going ? he asked.

I ignored him and Shawn kept walking with me

Who the fuck do you think you are taking my daughter? He yelled again.

This is when Shawn stopped and stepped in front of me for protection.

I'm Shawn and I'm taking Ashley the fuck away from this hell hole. He stated.

You do realize that I can call the cops she's a minor and you don't have my permission.
Ashley say goodbye and good back in the house he stated.

Shawn let go of my hand and I backed up frozen knowing this wouldn't end well.

I do know she's 17 yes what does that have anything to do with it? He asked my dad.

You look like a smart man and I'm sure you know fucking a minor will land you time in prison so why don't you just leave and I won't say a word to anyone. Shawn was it right?

And I'm sure that even in your intoxicated state that raping and abusing your daughter will do the same. I haven't slept with Ashley nor do i plan to I'm trying to save her from you. If you call the cops who do you think they would believe? Shawn asked my dad

Me who save her from jumping off a bridge and pulling her out of a house where she was constantly beaten and raped. Or you? She has bruises everywhere how much of a pathetic low life does that to his own flesh and blood? Shawn started screaming.

She's my daughter my property I can do what I want to her my dad laughed in shawns face.

She's a human being not a piece of property dude are you mentally fucked as well? Shawn laughed

Listen I'm taking Ashley away from this like it or not.

That pissed my dad off he looked at me and then looked at Shawn clenching his fist.

I screamed as my dad punched Shawn in the face but it didn't phase him. He didn't even flinch.
Shawn threw up his hands and said fine you win but let me say goodbye first my dad nodded and my heart dropped, instant tears running down my face. He turned away from my dad and started to walk towards me but at the last second he kicked him straight in the chin out of no where. My dad toppled over and was knocked out on the ground. Shawn kicked him in his side and spit on him. Don't you dare even coming to look for Ashley she's safe now that she's away from you she doesn't need a piece of shit in her life. Another kick. You've hurt her for the last (kick) fucking (kick) time. (Kick) and he walked over to me gabbed my hand and whispered to me. Your safe no I promise and kissed my far head. He lead me to the car and helped me in.

Shawn got in and drove away I didn't say a word just silently cried. Shawn eventually pulled over and put his arm around me pulling me closer to him.

Care to talk about it? He asked.

No just wanna move on thank you for sticking up for me I smiled at him.

He wiped my tears away and smiled anytime buttercup.

I swear my heart flutters every time he calls me that.

So what else are we doing today I asked.

Well are you hungry he asked? We could stop for lunch.

Shawn look at me I could always eat I said genuinely laughing for the first time in days.

Holy shit ash do you feel ok? Your smiling. He joked

Yeah I finally feel like it's going to be ok. For the first time in my life I feel like everything is going to be fine I smiled.

So how about lunch? I'm thinking pizza? I questioned..

Pizza it is and he started the car looking for a pizza place.