Came out swinging

I spent this year as a ghost and I'm not sure what I'm looking for
I'm a voice on a phone that you rarely answer anymore
I came in here alone, came in here alone
But that doesn't scare me like it did seven months ago
I spent this year as a ghost and I'm not sure where home is anymore

The year is 1992 and I'm 17 years old with no direction in life. I was always told that I would never amount to anything and I was a waste of life.

You see all my life I've been on the bigger side of things I guess you can say laughing nervously pointing to myself. Everyday I would hear how no one would love me or even give me the time of day when I was fat. But you see I've tried everything and I guess it was the lords plan for me to be a big girl.

There's nothing wrong with that he laughed.

Not in my family I thought to myself.
I was always compared to my sister blond hair blue eyes thin and what everyone said was pretty. I was the black sheep of the family not only was I big but I dyed my hair black loved eyeliner and didn't wanna conform to society. That didn't make me any less of a person

Yes I had it rough growing up but I'm not here to sit and complain about it.

I remember that night well it was close to Christmas December 21st 1992 and I was walking aimlessly around New York City trying to find a distraction when I came across this flyer for something that was called Monday night raw. I had no idea what it was but I didn't wanna go home at the moment so I decided to go. Let me just say it was a blast the fiat time in my life I actually had fun. I remember seeing guys like Bret heart, Jerry the king, big daddy cool and the heart break kid. I was in awe of the guys and how they flew off the top ropes and just beat the shit out of each other for what i thought was no reason. Gotta remember Cole i had no idea what any of this was at that point in time. But yeah it was amazing . I decided that night that this is what I wanted to do no matter how stupid it would sound to my family and how much slack I would get for it I didn't care I found my calling.

Somehow I managed to get in the front row for the main event. Ok I admit it I snuck into an empty seat I needed to see this up close. Thats the moment I fell in love with this sport. I trailed off or should I say him... but that's further down the road in this story. Are you sure you have the time cole? I asked again

We have all the time in the world Ashley he said laughing.

Well okay then I guess I'll continue starting to blush..

It was then when I heard his music for the first time "I think I'm cute, I know I'm sexy" I honestly thought before even seeing him that this guy must have been full of himself. And boy I was not wrong. He came out in this zebra print outfit with chains and chaps and a hat.. kinda reminded me of the guy from Judas Priest, oh god what's his name I closed my eyes and tried to think

Rob Halford...

That's it thanks Cole. So yeah he looked like rob halford. That was then he walked past me shaking his hips and I caught his eyes. They were the bluest of blue I have even seen. They reminded me of the ocean.

Hey Cole have you ever heard the saying that the eyes are the window to the soul?

I haven't actually he replies

Well I'm a strong believer in the universe and stuff like the spiritual shit I know it sounds lame don't judge me I joked. Cole laughed. But yeah the eyes are the window to the soul you can tell a lot just by someone's eyes and his... there was someone or something hidden behind those baby blues of his.

He continued to dance around the ring for a bit and then his opponent came out I can't remember his name I think it was bob buck land at that point all I could focus on was this Judas Priest look alike.

You know Ashley I've heard many people call him many things but never a Judas Priest look alike. He said laughing

Why not? I asked throwing my hands in the air... can we bring up a picture of him in that outfit? See Cole it's true he looks like rob!

Anyway back to the story.

The match didn't last long with one super awesome kick to the side of this guys face it was over he dropped to the mat and the blue eye guy won the match... they went backstage and I just continued to sit and think. This is what I want to do but how can I when there's hardly any females involved. Will I even get the chance or will my dreams be broken even before I start just because I don't have a dick.

Cole laughed spitting out the water he had just taken a sip of.

So I walk out of the arena Into the cold streets of New York not wanting to go home yet. And that's when I see him again. But this time he was surrounded by people of all ages trying to get his attention. Kids adults boys girls boys that wanted to be girls you name it everyone wanted his attention.

His eyes locked with mine and he gave me this smirk and omg can you say butterflies... it was actually worse then butterflies maybe like a mass heard of bees? Is that even a thing I asked laughing.

I'm not sure Ashley but I'm sure we get the picture.

Ok good I'm not really good with Thai story telling stuff I said playing with my hands. I must have stayed out front of that building for 2 hours just in awe of him until everyone left. And that's when he came over to me.

You've been stuck to that spot for awhile now are you ok? He asked.

Yeah I'm fine just don't wanna go home I replied. You were pretty good tonight by the way.

Thanks he replied but I'm always good They don't call me the main event for nothing.

Wait... of everything to call yourself you decided for it to be the main event. I may be new to this but that's a horrible name for a wrestler or your conceited much?

His eyes lit up and he asked how new I was to the wonderful world of wrestling.

Tonight would be the very first time I have ever seen a match I replied suddenly feeling small

Awe sweetheart don't be shy you'll get the hang of it. And they call me Shawn... he said extending his hand.

I reached out and took it and it sent shivers down my spine Ashley I replied.

He gave me that sweet smile of his.
Before he could open his mouth to say another word someone came up to him and told him that they had to get going. He looked at me with those baby blues and suddenly looked so sad.

Well I guess I gotta go see ya around Ashley he asked with a slight glimmer of hope in his voice.

Maybe only time will tell. It was nice meeting you Shawn. I told him

He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a hug it was nice to meet you to Ashley I hope to see you again and he was off.

That was the day my life changed for ever. Not only did I want to become a wrestler in what seemed at the tome a male dominated sport but little did I know I met the love of my life that night.

~ I don't know if anyone still reads FanFiction but I missed writing so here goes another shot! Title credit is came out swinging by the wonder years please if you like it leave a comment I don't even care if it's just a dot... just so I know someone is reading it!