Count on me.

Anytime you need someone
somebody strong to lean on
well you can count on me to hold you till that healing is done
And every time you fall apart
you can hide here in my arms
and you can count on me to hold you till that feeling is gone

Christmas Eve.

I woke up and before I even open my eyes I could tell I was alone. I went looking for the boys and Jonie. They were nowhere to be found. I decided to raid the fridge and grab something to eat.  As I reached the fridge I discovered that Shawn had left me a note.

Ashley,

Roses are red, violets are blue.
I'm so bad at poetry —
I have no clue.
Good morning my buttercup.
I'm sorry I'm not there when you wake up.
I had some stuff to do.
But saying I'm not missing you would be untrue.
Maybe I should stop I'm not good with this kind of stuff. But ill see you soon Ashley.

While reading I had mixed emotions I didn't know whether to cry or laugh.

Hunter saw me standing at the fridge and got all excited.

Are you making breakfast he asked?

I guess I could I laughed and put Shawns attempt at a poem down. I went and grabbed the eggs from the fridge and hunter picked up the poem.

Ashley, I don't know who you are but you turned Shawn from this person that had so much hate into someone who is attempting and very poorly may I add to write poetry. I'm so glad you came into our lives before he did something regrettable.

I could only smile at hunter. Knowing that I've helped Shawn in the slightest makes my heart flutter.

I threw together some omelettes for me hunter and Jonie before they went off to see some of their family for the holidays. I sat around reading for a bit before I got bored and decided to go for a walk.

I walked and admired the decorations people in the neighborhood had. I've always hated Christmas for obvious reasons but this year gave me the slightest hope that it would be ok.

As I was walking back to the house I saw a car that looks oddly familiar. No, it couldn't be I thought and kept walking. The car passed me again as I kept walking. A few minutes later it passed again. Oh, how I wish Shawn was home.

I reached the house and went locking the doors.

Shawn, I yelled.
Baby?
Hunter?
Jonie?
Please be home I need you I'm scared.
Nothing I was alone.

I double-checked the doors they were locked. I went to my room and hid in the closet in tears.

As soon as I was calming down thinking that this was all in my head I heard a window smash. It took everything inside of me not to scream tears were running down my face again. I could hear footsteps down the hall as I could only guess that person was looking for me. The footsteps got closer until they reached my door. I heard the creak of the door as it opened I held my breath thinking he wouldn't find me.

As the closet door opened and I gave up all hope I looked into my father's eyes and saw the sinister grin on his face.

I told you I would find you whore. He yelled while pulling me up onto my feet by my hair. I screamed. Ain't no use in screaming your boy toys arent home I checked. Good for that because I totally would have cut them he said putting a knife on the nightstand.

Dad, please don't do this just let me go I begged.

I'm sorry, Ashley I have no choice I need to teach you a lesson that your are mine and will always be mine he stated before kissing my neck.

Oh god please stop I cried as I begged him to let me go

Shut up! My father yelled. Shut up you bitch or else you'll get seriously hurt and I swear to God, I will hurt you if I have to. He warned me.

Ignoring his threats, I still tried to fight back. He ripped my top and pulled it over my head and tossed it aside and tried taking off my bra using both hands. I pushed him away. That didn't stop him because he fought back and successfully took off the bra. He began to kiss my neck and ran his hand down her smooth stomach and tried to take off my pants.

God... please stop... please... i begged as i sobbed.

He didn't listen and picked up the knife and cut my jeans and underwear off of me then threw the knife to the floor. There was no fight left in me as he was starting yo undo his pants.

I close my eyes as I felt him start to crawl onto the bed and on top of me. All of a sudden he was gone as I heard a thud. I looked towards the thud and say someone on top of my father swinging punched wildly to his head. I saw the long blond hair it was Shawn my Shawn. He's home and protecting me. He knocked my dad out cold and came over to me I was still in shock because of everything.

I just stared at him he grabbed the throw blanket and covered me and pulled me close and whispered in my ear.
Your gonna be ok buttercup come with me he said extending his hand to me. He kicked my dad in the head once more to make sure he was out and then he led me to the living room and sat me down on the couch. He called the cops and went back to my room. The cops came and knocked on the door. They asked me what happened but all I could do is stare out into space.

Shawn must have heard the knock as he came to the living room he told the police to follow him and led them to my room. They come out minutes later with my dad in handcuffs. He looks me in the eye and tells me that this is far from over.

Shawn sits down beside me and puts his arm around me. The cops wanted a statement he told them how he came home and found the broken window and how he found my dad on top of me and how he kicked his ass. They wanted mine and I told them everything. They said we would be hearing from them soon. Shawn picked me up and brought me to the bathroom he ran a hot bath for me and helped me into the tub. He left but came back in with clothes for me.

Are you ok buttercup? He asked

Yeah ill be fine I answered him. The worst part of all of this is when he said that if you were here when you came he was going to hurt you. I couldn't handle that. He helped me get dressed and then carried me to his room. Shawn why are we here I asked. Well, I didn't think you would want to stay in your room after all that. I'm used to it I replied shrugging my shoulders sitting on his bed. But you shouldn't be he shot back with a look of hurt in his eyes. He put some random movie in and laid down next to me. He let me lay on his chest and he played with my hair. I didn't think I would fall asleep after all of that but being in his warm embrace and him playing with my hair it was kind of impossible not to. The last thing I remember that night was him kissing the top of my head and saying he would never leave my side again, I would always be safe with him around.