If Im Lucky

I'm just trying to find my place in this world
And I know it's not so right to feel this way about a girl
But if you stay or if you go I'm right there with you
But you know that I'm looking for more than a pretty smile
And if I'm lucky you can stay for a while
But if you stay or if you go, I'm just hanging on again

~*~ Shawns POV ~*~

I brought Ashley to mine and hunters apartment and told her to make herself at home I went to go get her a blanket and by the time I got back to the living room she was out cold. I covered her up and she snuggled into the couch. I head someone cough and I looked to hunter who had a confused look on his face.

Who is this Shawn he asked with an eyebrow raised.

Her name is Ashley and she needed a place to go.

So what are we doing Shawn taking in strays? Or is it just going to be a one time thing for you like always he asked.

It's not like that hunter I said looking at him.

It's always what it looks like with you after all you are the heartbreak kid are you not?

No hunter I'm serious this isn't like that she's different! I only just met her but I have no interest in just getting into her pants.

Wow Shawn do you feel okay? He asked with a confused look on his face?

Yeah like I don't know much about her yet but she hasn't had the best life. I mean look at that bruise on her face. Someone must have gotten her good.

That is pretty bad hunter said coming closer to look at it. Shit man I'm gonna go grab an ice pack for her.

I stayed with Ashley and she started to stir. Then she started crying. Ok Shawn this is getting scary I thought to myself maybe I should wake her up.

Shhh buttercup it's alright I'm here no need to cry I said.

She opened her eyes and smiled when she saw me. I'm sorry she said while touching her face.

Does it hurt? I asked.

Like I got hit in the face with a bat.

Yeah that's not so much fun as it sounds I said laughing

Hunter came back oh she's awake I see.. she looked confused at hunter and then back to me and sat up.

Ashley this is hunter, he pointed to him hunter this is Ashley.

Nice to meet you hunter I replied

Likewise Ashley.

So tell me how Shawn found a pretty little thing like you and talked you into going home with him he winked.

I looked at hunter with a glare that could kill he would be six feet under.

Umm first of all hunter I'm not pretty and I'm definitely not little I replied looking down. That's when Shawn stepped in remembering the conversation from earlier..

Girl you look fine he said while snapping his fingers.

Right Shawn....

Hunter handed me the ice pack and I gratefully accepted it putting it on my face as I winced.

So how does a girl like you get such a nasty bruise on her face? Hunter asked

Umm... well... my dad she started but trailed off a tear running down her cheek.

She looked down and started playing with her hands.

Nervous habit I asked trying to lighten the mood. I laughed yeah you could say that.

Shawn... I don't want to be a bother to you or hunter so if you want me to leave I'll understand.

I looked at her and saw the sadness in her eyes. This girl has been through hell and something inside me wanted to make it right.

No please Ashley we don't mind that you stay right hunter I asked while slapping him on the shoulder.

Right. Please stay here with us he agreed with me.

Shawn really I don't...

I interrupted her Ashley your staying here and that's that. You can have my room and I'll sleep on the couch he said looking at me with that million dollar smile.

I swear I heard her mumble it was only a matter in time until she fucked this up too.

~~~~~

So I tried a POV and I'm not sure if I can pull it off please show me some love if you like this.

Song credit - if I'm lucky by state champs