Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Alec

I didn't think there was a single brain cell that could deny my feelings towards Ariana. Every time I thought of her my stomach would flutter. Despite not knowing her for that long, I wanted to express my feelings right away. I wanted to know if I had a chance to pursue her. Unfortunately, her sickness had stunted my plans to talk to her about how I felt. In our time together, Ariana was unknowingly doing and saying things that caused me to struggle to hold my tongue.

I wasn't sure Ariana knew how relieved I was when she agreed to stay at my house. Jason was fine with releasing her providing she had someone looking after her. He was concerned when I said that she currently lived alone gathering the impression that I was going to take care of her. I convinced him to continue with his plan to discharge her providing I could persuade her to stay with me. If she wouldn't agree, he could reconsider his decision to discharge her until he felt she would be fine on her own. I knew she was doing better, but who was I to argue with a medical professional. I even agreed with him. I didn't want her to go home alone.

When Ariana fell asleep, I carefully pulled her blankets over her shoulder and tucked her in. I smiled at the flutter-shy hood that covered her head and the tiny little snores she produced. I was happy to see the colour that had returned to her face now that she didn't have a fever.

Knowing that she was safely asleep, I moved towards the table that I had made my home base. Throughout the time in the hospital with Ariana, I switched between the cot the nurses had finally brought me, the table, and the chair next to Ariana's bed. Occasionally I stopped at my office when I ventured out of the hospital to take care of the monstrous cat Binx. I was thankful that my job granted me the ability to work from home. I tried to get as much work done as possible while Ariana was asleep. I wanted to be able to do anything and everything she needed while she was awake.

Now that the sun had gone down, I was sure Ariana would sleep through most of the night. It wasn't uncommon for her to sleep up to 14 hours through the day. When I had finished emailing Darla and prospective opportunities, I changed into something more comfortable to sleep in and propped myself up on the cot with my computer.

I found myself looking through old documents on my computer and was surprised to see a folder labelled Sweetheart.

"I thought I deleted this," I whispered, feeling a gravitational pull to the folder.

This folder was a thing of the past, it hadn't been opened in three years. It included all the rules, reward charts, and punishments that I had set out for Sara, my former little.

I turned to Ariana as I heard her cough. This was a common occurrence at night. She coughed through her sleep, sometimes pushing the covers off herself. I set my laptop down and climbed out of the cot to readjust the covers on Ariana when her coughing fit was done. Patting her lightly I returned to my cot and the cursed folder.

It didn't take long for me to trash the folder and replace it with a new one.

Darling Ariana

Soon I had a new word document that I titled Rules. I remembered the first day I met Ariana. The meeting was life-changing. It also reminded me just how much she put herself down. She always found something to criticize herself.

If Ariana was to be my little the first rule she was going to follow was:

Never put yourself down. Every day tell Daddy one thing you love about yourself.