Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Ariana

Madison took me to her nail station after she renewed confidence in me that I didn't have in a long time. Though Madison praised me for taking care of my hair, I didn't receive the same amount of praise when she had a look at my nails. She used a variety of oils and lotions to help promote healing, but she said unless I stopped picking at it, it would only get worse.

While Madison applied gel to my nails, I couldn't help but feel like I was being interrogated in the sweetest possible way. As she got to me, and I got to know her, she talked about her little boy Toby and how we were close in real age. She explained that Toby often regressed younger, sometimes around two, but often stayed around six. It depended on how he felt. It was a firing concept to think that men enjoyed being little too.

When Madison was finished, she left me feeling like I had flutter shy on my nails. They were so pretty that I didn't want to do anything to hurt them. We thanked Madison after confirming that on some date near in the future, I would play with Toby.

"Do you have the number for your doctor, therapist or psychiatrist?" Alec prodded after I struggled to eat the last of the food on my plate. "I can call for you if you want me to."

Admitting that I needed to get help again was hard. I was scared that if I called, they would ask for me to be admitted again. At the very least I hadn't embarrassed myself by fainting off the treadmill. I wanted to retreat to the tiny space that I had become friends with. I wanted Alec, my Daddy to make the appointment, but I knew that I needed to try and be a big girl and do it myself.

"I think I can do it," I finally answered. "It's something I should do."

I felt Alec's hand graze over my own and the reassuring warmth it gave.

"I'll be right here for you while you make it" Alec assured, prompting me that now was the time to make it.

Biting my lip I replied, "do I have to call right now?"

Sternly, Alec nodded his head. "It's better to get it out of the way."

Sighing I searched through my phone contacts to find the clinic that I worked with last time. The phone call didn't take long. The receptionist took my information and reopened my file, scheduling me for an appointment the following day.

"Tomorrow at 1:00 pm," I stated, not expecting the appointment to come so fast.

Alec squeezed my hand once again. "I'm proud of you," he praised. "Do you want me to come with you?"

Answering, I nodded my head, "I wouldn't be able to make it otherwise."

"Then I'll be there."

With the rest of the day off, Alec asked what I wanted to do. With a few more days before work would start up again, I knew that I needed to start preparing my lesson for a new batch of students. In addition, December was near approaching and I was set to take my final Japanese proficiency test, the N1.

"I think I'll try and do some schoolwork outside, soak in any remaining heat that summer has to offer." There wouldn't be many more days for me to do so. Alec agreed that it would be a great idea and that he would be in his office doing his work.

"Come get me if you need me."

I gathered my materials on the patio, inviting Binx to hang out with me. The large cat sprawled out on the table, covering half of my working space. Over the next two hours as I confirmed my lesson plans, the buzzing of my phone stirred the sleeping cat.