Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Alec

The next morning, after exercising and showering, I started to assemble two bowls of overnight oats. After the night Ariana had, I knew that this morning was going to be difficult. If it wasn't for the fact that Ariana was due to start work again today, I would have let her sleep in. Though I wanted her to focus on her health, both physically and mentally, I knew she wanted to return to work.

As I eyed my watch, I knew Ariana needed to be out of bed. She knew that on workdays she needed to get herself out of bed, otherwise there could be repercussions. If it wasn't for the fact that last night was a terrible mess for her, I would have been stricter. It was irritating, nonetheless. If she was late, I was going to be late.

After decorating the bowl of overnight oats with a sprinkle of chocolate chips and a heart formed with sliced strawberries, I set the bowls down on the table and hoped to hear Ariana stirring upstairs.

If we were going to be at work on time, I was going to have to wake her up.

Knocking on her door, firmly but loudly, I hoped that it would stir the sleeping beauty who was probably hungover. When the only thing I heard was Binx's meows, I spoke, "Ariana, are you awake? I'm coming in." I gave her a few seconds to answer in case she was changing. When nothing was heard, I slowly opened the door to peer in to see that a bundle of blankets was hanging from the bed.

"What on earth?" I breathed, seeing Ariana dangling from the bed, her torso splayed on the floor while her legs barely kept her in the bed. "How on earth did you get yourself tangled like this?" I said, hoping it would wake her up. Instead of words, I was met with groans as the rest of her body flopped onto the floor.

Struggling to avoid laughter, I bent down to greet my sleepy little. Gently shaking her body, I spoke, "it's time to get up sweetheart." Hoping a stern voice would jog her memory, I was still only meant with groans. At least she was in some semblances awake.

"Five more minutes," she said groggily.

"She speaks," I laughed.

"Loud," she mumbled.

"Well, there's aspirin downstairs to help you. But you'll need to come downstairs to get it."

"Words," I heard her mumble. "Five more minutes, please."

"Ariana," I said sternly. "You need to get up now. Not in five minutes. Now. Weren't you excited to go to work today?" I asked, hoping it would remind her that she had to be somewhere.

"That was a bad idea," she moaned, trying to bury her head back into the blankets.

"I think a bad idea was drinking as much as you did last night," I reminded. When I failed to see any movement, I sighed. It looked like I was going to have to take matters into my own hands. The temptation to grace my hand over her rear was big. Thankfully, I replaced my urges with poking her sides instead.

As I pulled Ariana from the blankets on the floor, I was met with resistance and instead held what felt like a lifeless body. Despite her body trying to revolt that it had bones, I managed to take her downstairs and sit her at the table where I heard a thud as she slumped over the table.

"What am I going to do with you?" I asked, setting the aspirin and the prescribed medication she had been given. I knew she wasn't too keen on taking it, but I was happy with the fact that she was willing to try something the doctor felt would be helpful.