Chapter 6

(Hiiiii!!!
I'm back with another chapter.
Pokemon is not mine and the pic above is not mine either. It's a screenshot from the anime.
^o^
I swear badges are really pretty too just like ribbons.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Ash and Gary said goodbye to Verity and Sorrel as they left Pallet town to start their Kanto journey. Verity had received the Kanto water Pokemon starter from Professor Oak while Sorrel had received the grass Pokemon starter. Verity was interested in the Kanto contests that would start in a week and had to leave for Pewter City. Sorrel went to meet Brock who was practicing to become a Doctor as well and the two got along. Brock, Verity and Sorrel decided to travel together through Kanto as Brock's younger brother was old enough to run the Gym. Ash and Gary wished them the best of luck on their journeys before they decided to leave Kanto.

Gary, "You really don't want to come with me to Sinnoh?"

Ash, "I love traveling with you Gary but we have our own goals and dreams to fulfill."

Gary grumbled, "I know I just don't want to let you go."

Ash blushed, "Me neither but I feel we should. For our safety."

Gary frowned, "Safety? What do you mean?"

Ash, "I can't explain just that I know we'll be safer traveling separated. Hoenn and Sinnoh have their own dangerous organizations and I get the feeling... They'll keep an eye out for anyone who looks like the two of us."

Gary was frowning, "We made quite a splash, didn't we?"

Ash nodded, "A big one."

Gary sighed hugging Ash closer, "Fine! But I expect calls weekly and letters monthly. If I don't get one per week and month I'm hunting you down."

Ash laughed, "Of course, Gary."

The two stayed enjoying the sunset by the Pallet port. The port was not as large as the Cerulean port or Saffron City port but it was a decent size. The cliffs and hills gave a scenic view of the ocean and the evenings were very relaxing. They would be leaving the next day and decided on having one last date by the beach. When Ash's mom realized where they went she took out the portable barbeque stove and items and got everyone to the beach. Ash and Gary blinked on seeing a party going on once they left the cliff and returned to the main beach line. Ash was just telling Gary the story of the ghostly maiden he had met too. It was sad yet happy and romantic in a way, he was glad the two lovers got together.

Emmaline, "Ash sweetheart! Gary dear! Come here, it's dinner."

Ash, "Mom! Mama! What's this about?"

Samuel, "Well you'll both be leaving for different regions tomorrow and you both seemed sad about it."

Delia smiled, "So we decided to throw a party to make you smile."

Gary chuckled, "Awww! Thanks Mrs Ketchums, Gramps. You guys too."

Gary grinned at their Pokemon who had all come to the beach to enjoy. Ash laughed as his Pokemon pulled him and Gary to the table filled with food and had dinner together. The night was spent relaxing and sharing stories about their time as a trainer. Delia as it turns out was a Top Coordinator when she was a teen, who knew! His late father was a trainer turned Ranger, he sobered up on hearing some of the adventures his parents had together. Emmaline hugged both her new wife and son saying she worked with Cypress before and he wouldn't want them to be sad but rather he would want them happy. Then Gary made him smile again saying the two of them were like the Ketchum couple in a way. The next day they left after sharing one last kiss, Ash left by a ship while Gary left via plane.