Chapter 20

(Pokemon is not mine and the picture is a screenshot from the anime.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Ash, "So, since you are gonna stick around will you come to the Pokemon contest?"

Clemont, "Umm.. Sure why not? I have seen your routine and it looks really great."

Ash grinned, "Thank you!"

Bonnie, "I can't wait, I heard contests are real fun."

Alain, "They are fun. I have watched a few contest when I was traveling through Hoenn region with Ruby. It was very enjoyable."

Ash, "Ruby? The same Ruby who is Hoenn's new Champion."

Alain, "Yes, though he was not one back then."

A scream went through the air before Ash could answer shocking them and making Bonnie jump. They looked around and Alain paled realizing the scream actually came from the lab. They hurried back to the lab as soon as they could and found a little Froakie fighting Garchomp. Or to be more specific, the little water type was trying to get a collar off of Garchomp.

Ash did not waste any time and called an Iron tail from Pikachu who nodded and used agility to get closer. But Garchomp started to move and jumped away from them, despite the pain she still recognized Alain. She would not hurt her cub, she would protect him even from herself no matter what happened to her. Ash went after her using Emboar to help him along after Garchomp.

Ash, "Hey Garchomp, it's going to be okay. We are trying to help."

Garchomp whimpered, -I.. It hurt..s.-

Pikachu, -We are here to help. Hang on Garchomp.-

Emboar pulled Ash's hand, -Call Pignite, we will work together to help her.-

Ash, "Okay, Pignite, come help us."

Pignite, -Okay.... Um.. How do we help?-

Ash, "Distract her. Garchomp focus on Pignite and Emboar, okay. It will be alright, okay?"

Garchomp whimpered some more as she turned to the large fire starter from Unova. She was not at all sure what was happening but she swiped at them in a way to decrease her pain. Pikachu took that chance to move fast and used iron tail on the collar with Froakie's help. Froakie gave Pikachu a high five as the collar fell and Alain went to Garchomp.

Alain, "Garchomp? It's okay, it's okay. Everything is going to be okay. You are okay!"

Garchomp whimpered as she nuzzled him, -Alain, cub, my cub. You are alright. My cub, my cub. You are okay, my cub. My little cub.-

Alain rubbed her back, "You are okay, Garchomp. You are okay."

Ash sighed in relief smiling at them only to jump after his Pokemon, "Pikachu!"

Emboar, -ASH!-

Pignite, -NO! ASH!-

Froakie gaped, -Oh Xerneas!-

Alain, "Ash!"

Ash fell after Pikachu who was terrified when he saw Ash jumped after him. When Ash caught him, Pikachu berated him as he was caught by the teen. Alexa who was returning to the lab, almost received a heart attack on seeing Ash jump off a tower. Her legs gave out when a mega Blaziken caught Ash and brought him safely to the ground. She ran and caught up to him, turning him around and checking him over, asking if he was alright and what was he even thinking.

Ash, "I am fine, Alexa. I am fine. I could not just let Pikachu fall."

Alexa hugged him tight, "You foolish child. I thought I lost you. Never ever do that again."