Chapter 28

(Pokemon is not mine. The picture above is from the anime.
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

Ash stretched his back, "Okay, we are done for today."

Bonnie, "That was fun."

Gary smiled, "Glad to see you are enjoying the lessons."

Rotom, "Bzzzt ~ It certainly was interesting, I collected a lot of data. Bzzzt ~"

Ash laughed, "I certainly hope so, Rotom. You were taking a lot of photos."

Rotom, "It is fascinating. No other human has been recorded to be capable of doing what you are doing."

Mallow, "Ash, Gary, Bonnie, Rotom, lunch is ready. Come join us."

Bonnie, "Yay! I love the Alola lunch menu."

It had been a three months since they left Kalos and it was quite the chaos. They had to deal with the trauma of loss, when they realized one of their friends was gone forever and never coming back. It had almost broken Ash as he got flashbacks from the Altomare incident. Gary had comforted Ash bringing him down from his dazed out condition and helped him stabilize and calm don. Serena, Clemont and Bonnie had a look of understanding as they also felt the pain. They could not imagine feeling it a second time in a row.

Two days after the breakdown Ash had started to help with the rebuilding of the city much to everyone's worry. But he assured them he would be alright with time, so Bonnie joined him in helping out with the people. She didn't quite understand the political talks but she knew what to do. She and her Pokemon went around making sure everyone was getting the help they needed. Half way through Serena had joined her and following her were the other performers and trainers.

Flashback:

Aria, "This is our home too."

Miette, "Yeah, we are going to help as well."

Shauna, "You girls aren't alone."

Tierno, "We got your back."

Serena, "You girls and guys. Thank you."

Bonnie nodded, "Yeah, this means a lot."

Aria's Pokemon took one of the crates holding water, "I will distribute these to the workers downtown."

Nini's Pokemon grabbed the food crate, "We will help you by distributing the food. It's almost lunch time."

Shauna, "Korrina, join me in distributing these uptown?"

Korrina, "Sure, my Pokemon and I can hold them while you and your Pokemon distribute?"

Shauna, "Sounds like a plan."

Korrina, "By the way, Ash and Gary went with Alain to the meeting earlier. From what I heard the Champions from other regions are sending help too."

Serena, "That's good. We need all the help we can get."

Bonnie, "We'll have our home standing up in no time with everyone pitching in."

Flashback end!

It had been very chaotic but very cathartic too. While helping out the people, Bonnie learned about the other side of being a Pokemon trainer. It had been very exhausting and had made them re - evaluate a lot of things about themselves and what they wanted. Clemont had been planning on staying at the Gym but after meeting Lt Surge, he wanted to travel outside the region. Serena found she enjoyed volunteer work and helping the people out and making them smile and laugh. Bonnie found out her empathy levels had increased and had to be more careful to not lose herself.