Chapter 23

(Pokemon is not mine. The picture above is a screenshot from the anime.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Serena, "I was thinking about getting a haircut."

Bonnie, "Eh? Why?"

Ash, "Any specific reason?"

Clemont mumbled, "I really like your long hair."

Gary who heard him smirked, "I want to know the reason too."

Serena, "Well, I have been going through the themes for the scheduled show cases. In the process, I started to pick and come up with idea for the clothes and accessories."

Ash, "Oh! I get it."

Gary, "The current hair style and length does not suit your needs."

Bonnie, "You won't cut it all off though, right?"

Clemont, "I am sure a hair dresser can come up with something."

Serena, "Well, I was thinking about cutting it off but I have been growing it out for so long it seems like a waste to just throw it away."

Ash, "You could do what I did."

Gary nodded, "Good idea, Ashy."

Serena blinked, "What's that?"

Ash took out a form, "Instead of just getting it cut off, you could sell it for money."

Serena looked at the form and the prices that were written for different lengths of hair on the side. She gaped before she started to grin and agreed with the idea of selling her hair. An extra source income was always welcome in her opinion. That just meant more money to get the necessary items she needed for herself and all of her Pokemon. Ash helped her fill out the form and measured her hair which took almost half a day.

They left for a parlor and gave the hairdresser the form and Serena sat down for her hair to be cut. After the whole ordeal was over, Serena was now sporting a bob cut with a cute pink Pichu clip, courtesy of Clemont. She then looked at the money in her hands and started to count unable to believe she got ten thousand poke dollars. She looked at Ash unable to believe it and Ash simply grinned knowing the feeling Serena had.

It was actually Misty's sister, Violet who had shown Ash how to do it back in Kanto. He had shown May and Dawn the process as well, the two girls had been shocked and then very excited about growing long hair. They had grinned saying what was the point of having long hair if you could not earn money from it? It looks like Serena would be following that trend too, Violet would be proud of him. Gary saw the smug smile Ash had and could not help but think about how cute his lover was.

Gary whispered, "You look like a proud and smug Dad."

Ash whispered back, "You think so?"

Gary nodded, "Yup!"

Ash grinned and soon they were back on the road and Ash ended up with a poke egg in the wild area. That had Gary become very bewildered and suspicious and sent a word to the local Ranger station. Bonnie though was very excited and asked if Ash would keep it. Ash had decided to keep it if they did not find the mother any time soon. The Rangers came to meet them two days after Noibat was born. According to them, the parent Noivern had been caught by poachers and sent to Unova.

Ash had not been amused to hear that and called Iris to warn her about the poachers heading her way. To say Iris was pissed off was a huge understatement and she told Ash that as Unova's new Dragon Master, she would keep an eye out. Iris was then talking to Serena, Clemont and Bonnie asking how they were and what crazy stuff they had gotten into. The three of them had talked with Iris sharing their adventures before the young Dragon Master had to leave.