Chapter 2

-Memories-

I woke up in darkness. Metal scraping rang in the small box I was trapped in. Where the hell am I? What happened to me? I stood up shakily as I felt the platform box-thing rise. My eyes adjusted to the darkness, immediately looking up to see the faint ceiling or whatever was getting nearer. I was heading straight for it. Reflexively, I crouched down and shielded my head, awaiting for the harsh impact. The box came to a jerking stop. I stood up one again to look around when light started flooding in. My vision was temporarily blinded, I could hear numerous murmurs and every hair on my body was at attention in fear of what's to come.

"The Greenie's here!"
"Finally more supplies."
"Is that a girl?"
"Really? I call dibs!"

Finally adjusting to the light, I see I was in some sort of cage. Boys, multiple of them, were all looking at me like. Many with the look as if I was a prize on display. An immediate rage filled me with those looks. "Bloody hell... It's a girl." Someone with a strong English accent exclaimed as he opened my cage with a dark skinned male. Looking around, I saw crates blocking the wall of my cage.

I got a running start and jumped on the crate. Using the crate, I got out of the cage. The boys made way for me as I made my way out. Once out, I could take a look at my surroundings. The boys were making a meat wall around me so I could not really see much but I knew I was in some field, closed off by large, concrete walls aged with ivy. I quickly realised that I was only brought to a much bigger cage when natural instincts took over. When I saw an opening in the wall, I would naturally run for it since it was the only way of escape I could see.

"We got a runner!" I could hear one of the boys shout.

"Minho!" A loud, deep commanding voice rang through the field. I took no mind to that and continued running the opening. I was so close to the opening, just a few meters from it, when I had this overwhelming feeling. I had this overwhelming feeling of dread. Whatever was in there was dangerous. My body immediately knew. Before I could analyse my feelings further, my world started to spin and go down. I realised I was being pinned by someone.

Looking up to see my captor, I see a asian boy with short black hair and dark eyes looking down at me. A sudden flash clouded my vision. I only knew that flash showed someone awfully similar to the male above me. He really looks familiar to me now.

"Trust me Greenie. You don't want to go in there." The male above me finally talks. Snapping out of my thoughts, muscle memory- at least I think it is- kicked in. My leg quickly hooked around his and switched our positions. Now I was looking down on him, "I don't need to trust you to know that place isn't where I need to go yet." I sat on his chest and stradeled it so he wouldn't try anything funny. But looking longer, I don't think he will.

"Minho! Greenie!" turn to see a tall, skinny blond and a thick, dark skinned male approach us. I got off the asian male to let them check on him. "You good mate?" The blond, who I realised was the same boy from the box with his strong English accent, nods towards the asian male as he stood up, brushing off stray grass blades on his clothes, "Yeah...Yeah no problems." he gave the blond an awkward tight lip smile. I observed their interactions with each other, deciding they shouldn't be any kind of threat to me. The blond gave him a weird look and shrugged before turning to me, "Quite a show you put on huh, Greenie?" The blond commented.

"I'm Newt, the second in command here in the Glade. And this Alby, the first in command." Newt pats Alby on the back. I gave them a respectful nod before introducing myself, "I'm ... mmn" I frowned my brows. Who am I? Why can't I remember?

"Don't strain it too much, Greenie. You would most likely remember your name in two to three days' time. Everyone's been through it." Alby pats my shoulder reassuringly. "Newt, go ahead and give the Greenie a tour. I need to talk with Minho for a bit." Newt nods, giving me a 'follow me' gesture before we head further into the field towards the buildings.