Chapter 10

-Back in we go-

We, as in me, (y/n), Newt and Thomas, went into the Homestead. There laid Alby in pain and the unconscious girl. "Jeff, what's going on? What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?" Newt questions our Med-jack as we surround her bed. "Hey man, I got my job the same way you did." Jeff only responds. "Do you two recognize her?" Newt asks (y/n) and Thomas.

"No."

"Maybe."

"Really? Because she seemed to recognize you two. (y/n)?" Newt looks at (y/n). She was doing the cute furrow of her brows again before she winced in pain, "Hey, you okay?" I held a hand on the small of her back to steady herself as she rubs her temples, "Yeah. Yeah I'm fine. My brain is just all fuzzy. Whatever they put in us really did not want us to remember before the Glade."

"What about the note?" Thomas changes the subject, "We'll worry about the note later." Newt mainly focuses on the new unconscious girl. "I think you should worry about it now." Thomas makes his point as we all look at him. "We've got enough to deal with at the moment." Newt tries to tell Thomas but, "He's right, Newt." Jeff said in almost a whisper. We all turned to him, "If the Box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?" I could hear the slight fear in Jeff's voice.

"No one said that. Let's not jump to any conclusions. We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows." Newt tries to reassure. "Somebody has gotta have some answers around here." And with that, "Okay," Thomas heads out of the Homestead. "Where are you going?" Newt questions the disappearing boy, "Back into the maze."

All three of us looked at each other before me and (y/n) bolted out of the homestead, following Thomas. "Hey. Hey, Thomas. Hey, Hey!" I called out to him as (y/n) and I caught up to him, stopping him from continuing.

"What is this with you, huh? A death wish? You just got out and now you want back in?" I couldn't understand him at all, "Newt said that no one has ever seen a Griever and lived to tell about it, right? Minho, now we have one. You're telling me you're not even a little bit curious?" Thomas tries to explain, "Not really, no." I give a weird look, still not understanding him.

"Well I am, count me in." (y/n) chimed in, ready to follow Thomas. "Wait, (y/n)." I stopped both of them. I sighed, "So, what's the plan? You're gonna go out and dissect that thing all by yourselves?"

"I will if we have to." (y/n) and Thomas both replied. "Have the other runners left yet?" Thomas asked, "The other runners quit this morning." (y/n) told him, looking over at the ex-runners that Gally seemed to be recruiting. "After Alby got stung, they're not in any hurry to get back out there." I explained, "Why are you two?" I nod my head towards them.

I will not lie, seeing how close and synchronized (y/n) and Thomas were is annoying me. I don't like it.

"I made a promise to get you out, to get everyone out of this place and if that dead Griever is the key then you bet your ass I'm going to take it." (y/n) gave me her stubborn look, "And I think it's time we find out what we're really up against." Thomas also gave me a stubborn look.

"All right. But you're not going back out there alone. Meet me in the woods in half-an-hour." I slowly jog away from both of them, "I'll get going to prepare as well, see you soon Thomas." I could faintly hear (y/n) tell Thomas before jogging away herself. My heart swelled in slight relief that she isn't going to be alone with him.

⋯☾❀☽⋯

We all met back at the woods, Frypan, Winston, Zart and unfortunately, Aziel, following me. He's annoyingly as stubborn as his mom, "Will this be enough?" (y/n) gave me an adorably bright smile. Aziel was quick to obviously cling to (y/n) side. "Okay. Let's go." With that, we all head to the maze.

"Thank you." (y/n) whispered to me, giving me a kiss on the cheek as she walked past with Aziel in hand. "Yeah... no problem.." I lag behind, a bit stunned by what happened. "Let's go, lover boy." Frypan chuckled as he pushed me forward.

⋯☾❀☽⋯

We all ran the maze, backtracking to the dead Griever. We finally turned the corner and saw the first sight of it's mechanical legs. Approaching it, it gave us a clearer sign of it's death from all it's guts on the floor.

"That's disgusting." Zart was the first to make a comment. "There's something in there." Thomas looks closer at the dead Griever. "You mean, besides a Griever pancake?" Frypan asked, leaning closer to get a better look. We all looked at each other before I approached the Griever after seeing what Thomas meant.

"Whoa, what are you doing?" Zart asked, I looked back at him for a moment before reaching my hand into the Griever. I felt around for a while and must have accidentally triggered something as the Griever's leg jumped to life. I let out a yelp as I jumped back to the guys. "I thought you said it was dead." Frypan's fear was evident. "You okay?" (y/n) asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. Aziel by her side giving a worried look, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Was it a reflex?" Zart asked, "You hope." Winston answered. We all looked at the 'dead' Griever before Thomas suggested something, "Okay, come on, Let's try and pull it out. Everyone get a hand on it. Come on." Thomas grabs a metal leg as everyone follows, "All right, ready? On three. One, two, three!" Everyone lets out a grunt as we all pull on the metal leg. It soon disconnected from its body which caused us all to be flung backwards.

"You okay, Fry?" Thomas asked, helping Frypan up, "Yeah. Thanks, brother." but I wasn't paying much attention to them. I approached the Griever once more, picking up some sort of device that was wrapped in Griever flesh, but I was focused on the fact that it was beeping. I reached in and dug the divide out, letting out a disgusting suction sound and a lot of slime. The others flinched in disgust as well. "What the hell is that?" (y/n) asked, disguised but intrigued.

I looked around the device, wiping some slime off to see a red Seven in the device more clearly. "Interesting." That was the only thing that came out of my mouth. "Okay, whatever it is... Can we take this up back at the Glade? Because I don't want to meet this guy's friends." Frypan was first to notice the daylight we were losing. "He's right. It's getting late. I don't think we will be as lucky as last night." (y/n) was first to run off with Aziel as she guides everyone back to the Glade. While running I only now remember,

"Wait, what promise?"