Chapter 8: They found us

-They found us-

The past few minutes have been spent by me pushing and swinging Teresa to the lever that lowers us. "Come on, Minho, push her harder." Thomas encouraged as Teresa's fingers just barely grazed the lever.

"Hey dad?" I hear Aziel call me. "Yeah? What's up buddy?" I ask, pushing Teresa again. "Is it me or is mom upside down? Or right side up?" I turn to look at what Aziel ment and see that (y/n) had managed to reach the rope and untie herself and is clinging onto the rope.

"How the hell did you do that?" I asked her. She grunts as she swung herself landed almost perfectly had she not lost her balance for a second. "I have better abs than you." she simply replied, casually walking to the lever and pulling it.

We all gasped in fear as we were lowered a little more. Using a nearby pole, (y/n) held it out to Aziel so he could grab on it. (y/n) pulled him in and up onto the ground, quickly untying the ropes. She quickly moved onto me, doing the same and pulling me up but left me to untie the rope myself as she helped the others.

While I was too focused on the binds on my legs, I didn't notice the sound of coppers approaching until an announcement rang in the building. "Good evening! This is the World Catastrophe Killzone Department. We have your compound completely surrounded. You find yourselves through no fault of your own in possession of Wicked Property." Someone announced through the sound of choppers as bright lights flashed through the cracks in the walls.

"Shit!" I cursed, finally untying the rope and went to grab another pole to help the others. "Return them to us unharmed and we'll consider this a simple misunderstanding. Or you can resist and every last one of you will die. It won't be long before the Flare wipes out the rest of us." The announcer, who I'm assuming is rat man, threatened.

"The hope of a cure lies in your hands. The choice is yours." Rat man finishes his speech. "Does he ever shut up with the theatrics?" I could hear (y/n) complain as she got Newt up and out of his binds.

"Okay, let's go, let's go." Thomas automatically takes the lead when all of us are free, but is quickly stopped when the bald guy from before cocks a gun at us. "We're not trying to cause any trouble, okay? We just got to get out of here" Thomas raises his hands. We take a step back every step the guy takes forward.

"Is that so?" The bald guy grins, "Janson, I got 'em for ya. I'm bringing 'em down. Don't shoot us." He brings up a walkie talkie. "Come on. Let's go." he orders. "I said let's go." He repeats more sternly when none of us move.

Thomas suddenly pushed the gun away. The man firing on reflex signalling a tug of war for the weapon. Thomas pushed him away but he still held the gun, "You little bastards!" The guy points the gun right at us. We all flinched at the gunshot yet no one seemed to be hit.

The guy collapsed in front of us, revealing the girl from before, "Okay, come on." She ordered, "Come on! Let's go!" She exclaimed when we didn't move. We all quickly followed her seeing as we had no one else to trust.

"Hurry up, is that really necessary?" I ask (y/n) who was grabbing the dead guy's gun. "What? It's not like he's gonna use it anymore." She quickly pockets the gun before running to catch up with the others.

The girl guided us through the labyrinth of the building. Music started playing through the speakers as we rushed up a flight of stairs. "Brenda, hurry! We don't have much time! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" We meet up with Jorge as he ushers us.

"Right this way!" Jorge pushes open a set of doors to reveal a makeshift zipline to another building. "Oh, You gotta be kidding me." Frypan sighs at the sight. "Plan B, hermano. You kids wanna get to The Right Arm? I'll lead you to them, But you're gonna owe me." Jorge makes a deal with us, finishing up by grabbing the cloth and ziplining across, "Follow me!"

"Alright, let's go! Come on!" the girl pulls another cloth, getting it ready for us to zipline across. I quickly helped Aziel first onto the zipline, making sure he was safely secured and holding on to it. "We'll be right behind you buddy." I carefully push him to quickly zip across before quickly grabbing my own cloth after I see (y/n) has one of her own.

I wrap the cloth a few times around my hands before jumped off a zipline across. As I was on the zipline, I could see a bright light was following me, probably Wicked realised our plan. I can only hope we all can safely get out in time before Wicked stormed the place.

I quickly hopped off the zipline when my feet hit solid ground, Aziel coming up to me. I turned to see (y/n) coming up and quickly caught her. I wrap my arms around her and Aziel. "Everyone alright?" I asked. "No problems." (y/n) and Aziel shook their heads.

It was not long before everyone was here. Everyone except Thomas and the girl. Teresa was the last to zipline across and we were hoping Thomas was behind her, yet the only thing behind her was the building exploding. "Thomas!" We called out to the exploding building. "Come one, we gotta go!" Jorge ushers us. "What about Thomas?" I ask him as we are running.

"He's with Brenda! I'm sure he's fine. She knows where to go, we'll meet them there." Jorge quickly explains as we, as stealthy as we can, make our way past Wicked's eyes.

⋯☾❀☽⋯

We make our way through the desert. After we were sure we were out of Wicked's range, we turned on our flashlights, lighting our way through the desert night. "Where are we going?" Newt asked Jorge after we had claimed down from the adrenaline rush. "I know a guy. We're going to meet him." he simply answered. "Can we trust this guy?" (y/n) asked from beside me, piggy bagging a sleeping Aziel.

"Marcus, used to smuggle kids up into the mountains. If the info you gave us is right," He turns to face us, "he's our ticket to them." He faced back front. "You used to smuggle kids?" (y/n) laughs at Marcus' direction. "Oh shut up." He swats at her. We continued walking, not stopping, even when the sun was slowly rising.

"Here, we'll take turns carrying him." I carefully moved the sleeping Aziel from (y/n)'s back to mine. "Thanks." (y/n) gives me a peck on the cheek before rolling her neck to relax some stiff muscles.

⋯☾❀☽⋯

We finally made it to a ruined city. We took shelter in a broken down building to rest for a bit. "Let's rest for a bit. I don't think the rest of us can continue for much longer anyway." Marcus suggested. "I'll take first watch." Markus settled down just at the entrance of the building, keeping an eye out for any signs of trouble.

"I'll take second after you then." I offered. He only gave me a nod before focusing back on the outside. I made my way to (y/n) who had Aziel snoozing on her stomach. I took off my jacket, draping it over to two before sitting next to (y/n). 

(y/n) leaned her head onto my shoulder, finally getting her well deserved rest. I crossed my arms leaning my head on hers as I drifted off.