Chapter 12

-Maze-

"Leave me alone!"

"Watch your head!"

"Hey! Throw one more of those things.." Gally pathetically threatens before he was hit directly on the head with a small piece of wood. "Go away!" a female's voice was heard from the top of the tower as she threw more objects down at the other Gladers.

"What happened?" Thomas asks as he joins the shielding Gladers. "Just duck!" Frypan quickly orders. "I don't think she likes us very much." Newt comments, hiding under a plank held by Winston. "What do you want from me?" The girl shouts from above. "We just want to talk!" Thomas replied only to duck as she threw more objects down. "I'm warning you!"

"As amusing as this is, I don't think we have time for this." (y/n) chuckles before approaching the hoard of Gladers. "Hey, wait." I grab her wrist, wanting to savour some contact with her. "I'll be fine. We're just gonna have some girl talk." (y/n) gives me a reassuring smile before slowly sliding my hand off. "Thank you though." (y/n) goes up to me and kisses my cheek before entering the hoard. "No. Thank you.." My words trail off the further away she is.

"It's (y/n)!" (y/n) shouted up the watchtower, "And Thomas!" Thomas chimed in. The girl peeks her head over the edge of the watchtower, looking down at the two. "Thomas and I are going to come up, okay?" (y/n) tells the girl above. The girl only retreats back further into the watchtower. Taking that as a sign, (y/n) and Thomas head up to the watchtower.

Now all we had to do was wait. I glared at Thomas as he went up the watchtower with (y/n). "And here we have a wild Minho being jealous." Aziel approached me with a smug grin. "Jealous? Me? Yeah right." I shrugged off his comment. "Oh. So you won't mind if I start calling Thomas dad instead, right?" Aziel gave a smirk up at me. "I will disown you."

⋯☾❀☽⋯

Eventually, they came down, injected something into Alby and morning came. I approached the slammer where Thomas was held in, "Big day, Greenie. Are you sure you don't want to sit this one out?" I ask tauntingly. Thomas scoffs, "Come on, man. Get me out of here." I let out a breath, "Alright."

Getting Thomas out of his prison, I led him behind the Homestead to a small little corner of the Homestead. Taking out the keys, I quickly unlock the door. Entering the corner, I led him to the box of running shoes. "To be a proper runner, You'll need proper equipment." I pull out a couple other boxes, "Help yourself out. We got shoes, shirts, underwear,"

"Underwear?" Thomas cuts me off, "Yeah, underwear. Runnie-undies. Keeps you nice and comfy."

"Nice and comfy?"

"Yeah, you know, your-"

"Yeah, okay, I got it."

Having said that, Thomas started grabbing the items he would need. "Hey, what's in here?" Thomas was about to open a box on the floor that had a big, "DO NOT OPEN" written on top of it. I quickly stepped on the lid, nearly crushing his fingers. "Either you can't read or you're stupid since the box clearly says do not open."

"Yeah, but what's in it?" Thomas curiously asks. "That box holds all the girl things (y/n) needs. So unless you have a death wish by me and (y/n), I suggest keeping your hands away from that box." I glared down at him as he awkwardly smacked his lips, "Okay..."

⋯☾❀☽⋯

"Hey, what's your relationship with (y/n)?" Thomas asked as we started strapping on our equipment. "What is it to you?" I retort with a bit of a bite. "No, I'm just saying. You two seem really close, is all." Thomas awkwardly looked away, focusing on his harness.

"You like her or something?" I pursed my lips at the thought, heart weighing heavy. "No! God, no! She's like a sister to me. She has this type of homey-sisterly aura to her." I let out an unknowing sigh of relief. "Do you like her?" Thomas asks.

"Maybe."

"Yes."

"Aziel!" I scolded Aziel for just telling him that. "What? It's obvious you like her so just confess already!" Aziel gives an exasperated sigh as he leans onto a nearby wall. "I will. Someday." I turn my focus back to my equipment as I start packing my rucksack. "You said that one and a half months ago." Aziel deadpans. "Someday. Just not today."

⋯☾❀☽⋯

"Finally. Took you boys long enough." (y/n) sighs as we approach the door. The sound of gears turning and locks releasing caught our attention as the doors started opening. I gave the two runners a smirk before giving the signal, "Let's go!" (y/n) and I dashed into the maze. Thomas took a while before entering but was quick to join us.

⋯☾❀☽⋯

We were making our way to section 7 in the outer rings. We were already in the outer rings and were running in it, having to not run much further as we just recently passed section 6. We finally approached section 7 which had its doors open to greet us.

"That's strange." (y/n) commented as we made our way into section 7. "What?" Thomas questions as he follows behind. "Seven's not supposed to be open for another week." I explained, examining the open doors around us. We continued our way inside.

"What the hell is this place?" Thomas asks as we approach the blades. "We call 'em blades." I introduced him to the room with the many large blade-like doors. We started walking and jogging in between the blades, stopping when we came across a familiar red tank top on the ground.

We all crouched around the fabric, me picking up the shredded tank top to observe. "It's Ben's, isn't it?" Thomas asked. "Yeah." I let out a defeated sigh, remembering my old friend. "A Griever must have pulled him down here." (y/n) concluded, taking in a shaky breath. I wrap my arm around her as comfort.

We suddenly hear this piercing sound, like something was charging up before beeps were heard. "Whoa, hey!" I exclaimed as (y/n) turned me around and was practically crawling on my back to reach something. She quickly pulled out the device we got from the Griever to reveal it was beeping. She started walking back and forth while closely examining the device.

"I think it's showing us the way." Thomas realised as the device started beeping more when (y/n) turned the other direction.

"Then let's get moving."