Chapter 15

-Wicked?-

"What the hell were you thinking?" Chuck was first to break the silence, alerting us of Thomas's awakening. Me, Aziel and Newt turned around, facing inside of the pit. (y/n) was unfortunately thrown into the pit with them but I kept her hand in my grasp through the bars. "What happened?" Thomas mumbled under his breath. "Gally has taken control. He said we had a choice. Either join him... or get banished at sundown with you." Newt filled Thomas in.

"And the others agreed to that?" Thomas let out a grunt as he sat up. "Gally has everyone convinced that you're the reason all this has happened." Teresa quietly added. Thomas nodded blankly, "Well, he's been right so far."

We all looked at him quizzingly, "what are you talking about?" I asked him. Thomas took a breath before explaining, "This place...it's not what we thought it was. It's not a prison, it's a test. It all started when we were kids. They would give us these challenges. They were experimenting on us. And then people started disappearing. Every month, one after the other, like clockwork."

"They were sending them up to the maze." Newt inferred. "Yeah, but not all of us." Thomas added. "What do you mean?" Newt furrowed his brows.

"Guys, I'm one of them. The people who put you here, I worked with them." Thomas explains. We were shocked, staring into space, trying to absorb this new information. "I watched you guys for years. The entire time you have been here...I was on the other side of it."

"So were you two." Thomas's gaze turned to (y/n) and Teresa. (y/n) slipped her hand out of mine. She took in a shaky breath. "What?" Teresa asked.

"Teresa, (y/n), we did this to them." Thomas tells them. "No. That can't be true." Teresa shakes her head in denial. "It is, I saw it. We gave the orders, (y/n) executed them" Thomas continues.

"Why would they send us up if we were with them?" Teresa questions. "It doesn't matter." Thomas shakes his head.

"He's right. It doesn't matter. Any of it. Because the people we were before the maze, they don't even exist anymore. These creators took care of that. What does matter is who we are now, and what we do right now. You went into the maze and found a way out. " Newt intervened

"Yeah, but if I hadn't. Alby would still be alive." Thomas reapplied with guilt in his voice. "Maybe. But I know that if he were here. He would be telling you the exact same thing. Pick your arse up and finish what you started. Because if we do nothing, then that means Alby died for nothing, and I can't have that." Newt slapped some sense into Thomas.

"Okay, but we gotta get through Gally first.."

⋯☾❀☽⋯

Two boys carried an 'unconscious' Thomas, while two other guys pushed (y/n) and Teresa to the doors of the maze. "Hey! Go easy on her." I shouted at the guy pushing (y/n) as he continued to roughly push her. "Ass." Aziel mumbled under his breath, glaring at the guy. "Just because Newt cussed doesn't mean you can." I called Aziel out. Aziel whips his head to me, growing his brows. "But he is one.'' I clutch Aziel's hand in mine.

The two guys holding Thomas Literally dropped him to the ground while Gally loomed over him. "This is such a waste." Gally muttered. "Gally. It doesn't feel right, man." Winston spoke up. "Yeah, what if Thomas is right. Maybe he can lead us home." Jeff followed.

"We are home. Okay? I don't wanna have to cross any more names off that wall." Gally approached the two Gladers. "And you think banishing us is going to solve everything?" (y/n) snared at Gally. "No. But this isn't a banishing. It's an offering." Gally replied.

"What? Wait What the hell are you doing?" (y/n) started thrashing around as the two guys tied both the girls hands above their head onto wooden beams. Under a different circumstance I would have liked to see (y/n) in such a position but right now I really want to punch the guy touching her.

"You really think I'm gonna let Thomas back into the maze after what he has done? Look around you! Look at our Glade! This is the only way." Gally exploded. I see Newt look back at me and I only gave him a nod. We turned to see Chuck not far away with all our equipment.

"And when the Grievers get what they came here for, everything goes back to the way it was." Gally finished. "Nothing will go back the way it was, you idiot! The door will stay open, the Grievers will continue to come and pick you off one by one. No one will survive in the Glade. There is. No. More. Glade!" (y/n) burst out, struggling against her binds.

"Shut up! Tie him up!" Gally gestured to Thomas. "You hear me? I said tie him up!" Gally shouted at the two guys when they hesitated in tying Thomas up. Thomas suddenly elbowed a guy in the ow-zone. Grabbing the guy's spear, he quickly used it to knock the guy to the ground while Newt unsheathe his machete and knocked the other guy to the ground from the back.

Teresa kicked her guy in the ow-zone while (y/n) Lifted her whole body, kicking the guy in the chest, nearly falling had it not been for Aziel stabilizing her. Aziel and Frypan started freeing the girls while I held a machete to Gally and Thomas held his stolen spear in front of everyone. Chuck took his cue and started running towards us with all our equipment.

I held out my machete, continuously pointing it at Gally as I walked to join the others by the door. Finally at (y/n)'s side, I wrap an arm around her waist. As Aziel hands her a dagger. "You're full of surprises, aren't you?" Gally shrugs at us as all our weapons are pointed to him.

"You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving. Anyone else who wants to come, now is your last chance." Thomas announced. "Don't listen to him. He's just trying to scare you. Alright?" Gally stuck his hand out, stopping the other Gladers. "No, I'm not trying to scare you. You're already scared. Alright? I'm scared. But I rather risk my life out there than spending the rest of it here." Thomas's hand's trembled as he held the spear at them.

"We don't belong here. We never did. We were put and trapped here by the creators. And this might have been home to some or even most of us, but now there is no home. Only wreckage by Grievers. At least, out there we have a choice to survive, or deny the inevitable." (y/n) spoke up, letting out a shaky exhale.

"We can make it out of here. I know that."

Some of the Gladers joined us. "Gally, It's over. Just come with us." Thomas tried to convince. Galley took a moment before giving us his answer, "good luck against the Grievers."

And with that, we set off into the maze. To freedom.