Part 7~Burning

"Who are you and why are you interfering with fire nation business?!" Commander Zhao glared at the figure who didn't move. "Answer me!"

"Shouted the spoiled child as he stomped his foot. You're disgraceful." The figure raised their head, glaring down at Zhao who shook in fear. Turning their heads, the figure stared at Zuko. "Prince Zuko, do not taint your victory by playing with this cockroach. Your potential lies far beyond the fire nation. If you wish to know who I am, meet me where the three angels sing. There you'll learn the way back to your honour and destiny."

Zuko stared at the figure, his eyes wide. "Are you... a spirit?"

The figure laughed, their voice light and eerie. "Some call me a ghost. You'll learn all when you find where the three angels sing."

Growling, Zhao pushed himself up. "That's no spirit and no ghost, you fool!" Throwing fire towards the figure's head, Zhao wasn't going to be fooled.

Launching themself high into the air, the figure landed safely away. "Come to the place the three angels sing. There you'll learn the truth about who you are and who you are meant to be."

The wind picked up around the figure, making it hard to see. Zuko continued to watch in shock and amazement. Iroh held a knowing glance in his eyes- no that the others noticed or realised it.

Boom!

Stumbling to a halt, the figure turned around, the fire raging into the sky. "Hachi!" Done with the theatrics, the figure jumped down from the wall and into the streets. Once far enough away, Isu shredded the clothes that kept Zuko from working out who she was and trying to kill her.

Sliding around the corner, Isu stared at the burning building. Fire nation soldiers stood in front of the inn. Hundreds of people screamed, running away from the flames. Isu could hear people inside screeching and calling out for help but she couldn't hear Hachi.

"I really hope you're safe but I know you're an idiot and you’ll probably sleep through this." Gritting her teeth, Isu shot at the soldiers, slamming them into the wall.

The soldiers turned their attention to Isu, attacking without hesitation. Isu ducked under the fire, moving the air around her and spinning it towards the soldiers. She threw the first soldier back, crashing them into the others before slamming the last two together.

"Oh, it's almost too easy," she boasted when more soldiers ran out of the street. "Oh, flying lemurs!" Using her bending to pick up a chariot, Isu threw it at the soldiers and charged through the burning door.

She swiped her hands in front of her, she created an air pocket that kept out the soot. The blazing fires blurred her vision and scorched at her feet. Charging up the stairs, Isu burst through the door into her and Hachi's room. "Hachi!"

Hachi yelped, falling out of his bed. "Isu! Wha- why is everything on fire?!"

"Oh, you noticed that, did you?! Come on, we've got to go!" Grabbing Hachi, Isu charged to the window. She stared at, faulting to a halt as she watched the soldiers gathering outside.

Commander Zhao stepped out of the crowd, a dark look on his face. "Come out peaceful and you won't be harmed!"

Isu gaped. "Like hell that's happening!" Isu paused, looking around for any way out. Upon seeing none, Isu turned back to the soldiers. "Why do you want us?"

"You are enemies of the fire nation! You will be taken back to the fire nation and to the fire lord!"

"That doesn't sound like it would end very well for us!"

"It won't. Bring them down!" Zhao threw his hand forward as the soldiers threw their flames. Isu yelped, jumping back into the room as she slammed close the window.

"Well, we're dead."

Hachi blinked in confusion. "I have no clue what's going on and I do not like this!"

"You never know what's going on and that's never bothered you before."

"Seriously?! Not cool Isu!"

Isu spun around the room, searching for another way out. "If we can't walk out and we can't go up, the only other way is down."

"How?! We're not Earth benders! We're the literal opposite of Earth benders!" Hachi screamed as Isu punched through the ground.

Isu smirked as she stopped them from crashing into the ground. "This way." Isu rushed behind the counter, pulling up the carpet. "I spotted the draft earlier. The only way to get a draft from the floor is a secret tunnel."

Glaring at Isu, Hachi crossed his arms over. "I swear if you start singing I'm giving you over to the fire nation."

Isu threw open the trap door, jumping down. Unlike the building above, the tunnel was empty of flames. Isu smiled as she continued down the path. The further they went, the darker it got until...

"Ow!" Isu stumbled back, rubbing her forehead. She reached out in confusion. In front of her was a stone wall.

"Now what?"

Shrugging, Isu ran her fingers around the walls. The tunnel must open somehow. Cheering in success, Isu threw open the trap door. "Where are we?" Isu jumped up, the air below her boasting her movement.

Hachi hesitated, not sure if this was a smart idea. Screeching caught his attention, giving him the last motivation to get out of the hole.

"Snow!"

Sighing in relief, Hachi chuckled a little. Isu jumped around, playing with the white particles. She dashed off, creating a large snow mound as she scaped and moulded it. "Snow me!"

Hachi raised his eyebrow. Isu posed next to the so-called 'snow-me' that looked nothing like Isu except they shared the air bending tattoos. A sly smirk came to his face as he knelt down and started to collect the snow.

He stood up, holding the snowball in his arm as he aimed it at the unsuspecting air bender.

Whack.

Hachi blinked in confusion as Isu giggled. She held another snowball in her arm, ready to utterly destroy her brother.

"Oh no, you don't." Grabbing snow off the ground, Hachi struck back. Isu charged off. White was thrown around, getting everywhere. The siblings couldn't contain their laughter, acting for once like the children they were.

Of course, it didn't last very long.

"Halt! Who goes there?!"

Freezing in their place, the siblings stopped moving. Hachi gulped as he felt the blade pointed at the back of his neck.