Part 58~Pakku

Katara gasped as her eyes turned murderous. "What do you mean you won't teach me? I didn't travel the entire world, so you could tell me no!"

"No."

"But there must be other female waterbenders in your turbe!"

"Here, the women learn from Yagoda to use their waterbending to heal. I'm sure she would be happy to take you as her student, despite your bad attitude."

"I don't want to heal. I want to fight!"

"I can see that. But our tribe has customs, rules."

"Well, your rules stink!"

Zuko stepped forward, standing between Katara and Pakku. "This cannot be right. Even in the fire nation, we train males and females together. We are equal, and unless you treat your students equally, I do not wish to learn under you. I can find another teacher." Zuko scowled as Pakku chuckled.

"Very well, good luck teaching yourself. I'm sure you'll do a great job."

Katara spun, pushing Zuko back. "Wait! Zuko didn't mean that!" She lowered her voice, hissing in Zuko's ear. "You can't risk your training for me. You must learn from Master Pakku, even if he is a big jerk."

Zuko opened his mouth to protest when Katara shook her head, walking away.

Pakku nodded, a twinkle in his eyes. "Why don't we get started, then?"

Before Zuko could respond, he was hit with a blast of water.

~~~

Sokka's face lit up as he spotted the familiar boat, running onto the bridge to look at Yue. "Princess Yue, good morning! How about that picnic last night? Boy, your dad sure does know how to throw a party."

Yue smiled softly, a warm glint in her eyes. "I'm happy you enjoyed yourself."

"Well, it wasn't as much fun after you left." Sokka faltered, blushing with Yue. "So, I'm still hoping we can see more of each other."

"Do an activity, you mean?"

"Yes... at a place... for some time." Sokka rubbed the back of his neck as Yue laughed once more.

"I'd love to. I'll meet you on that bridge tonight." Yue pointed past Sokka at the bridge he mentioned.

"Great! I'll see you-" Sokka couldn't finish as he fell into the water.

"Sorry." Yue chuckled, covering her mouth as Sokka pulled himself out of the water.

"That's okay. It was worth it. See you tonight!" Sokka waved as Yue drifted off into the distance.

~~~

Taking a deep breath, Katara entered the healing hut. "...Hi. Are you Yagoda?"

Yagoda lifted her head, pausing her lesson. "Are you here for the healing lesson?"

Katara shifted her gaze, looking at all the young girls sitting around the water. "I guess I am."

"Welcome, welcome!" Yagoda waited for Katara to sit before he lifted her hands, resuming the lesson.

~~~

Isu chuckled, glancing at Hachi, who paced back and forth. "Don't think your boy can handle the pressure?"

Hachi stopped, glaring at her before he collapsed, muttering under his breath.

"Woah, it must be bad for you to be illegible." Isu jumped up with a grin, picking Snowflake up. "A bunny for your troubles?"