Part 8~Spies

Hachi tilted his neck trying to look at the person behind him. Isu was already preparing her air, getting ready to attack whatever solder was behind them.

"Hey! Don't move, spy!"

Hachi raised his eyebrow in confusion. "Spy? I'm not a spy."

"Like I would believe you! I said don't move!"

Hachi froze again, sending a look to his sister. He stretched out his fingers, counting down. Three. Two. One and now- Isu spun around, kicking the air at the solder and spending him spiralling back into the snow.

Together, the siblings stood over the soldier, readying to fight him off if need be. Hachi stopped, grabbing Isu and pushing her back. "Wait. I don't think he's a soldier."

Isu quirked up an eyebrow. "He tried to kill us so what's the difference?"

Hachi looked very to throw Isu as he sighed. "Seriously? And you're the one who took the vow of non-violence."

"Sokka! Get away from him!"  The siblings didn't have much time to react as someone else appeared. She pulled the water from the ice and threw it towards them. Isu was getting ready to fight back but the water never even reached them.

"Huh, very threatening little girl," Isu smirked a little, raising her head. The water bender couldn't have been that much older than Isu, she wore a heavy coat, likely to protect her from the freezing weather. Her hair was tied from the front to the back in a strangely unique way that caught Isu's attention.

"You will let my brother go!" The girl stood her ground despite not having any ground to stand on.

Isu's eyes widened slightly, looking over at the boy who they had thrown away. The- like the girl- was dressed in the same colour scheme with the same heavy coat.

Hachi sighed slightly. "Told you he wasn't a soldier. Fire Nation doesn't employ water tribe people."

Isu stuck out her tongue, swaying to the side. "Well, I couldn't have known they were water tribe!"

"They're wearing water tribe get up!"

"How was I supposed to know that?!"

Hachi groaned. "You're an idiot."

"Says you!"

While the Airbender siblings argued, the girl snuck to her brother's side. "Come on Sokka. Let's go." She tried to pull him away when the brother pulled back his hand.

"No way. They’re spies."

"Look at them!"

The girl's shout caught Isu's attention as she spun around. "Don't move!"

The boy met Isu's stance head-on. "Hey! Shouldn't I be the one telling you that?!"

Isu hummed. "Let's think. Boomerang, meet the primordial force of air that can steal your breath from your lungs." Isu summoned wind around her, whipping at her hair.

The boy stepped back, fear now coursing through his veins.

The girl gasped, pointing to Isu. "You're an Airbender!"

Isu smirked, standing taller. "Yeah. We are both deadly Airbenders. If you don't let us go, we'll show you what we're made of." Isu jabbed towards her brother who raised his eyebrow questioningly.

"Wait, we aren't going to hurt you." The girl held up her hands peacefully as her brother glared at her.

"Katara! They're probably fire nation spies! We can't trust them!"

The girl- Katara- placed her hands on her hips. "Why would they work for the fire nation after the fire nation killed their entire civilization."

Hachi nodded desperately. "We don't work with the fire nation, we're just trying to get home."

Isu scoffed. "You're trying to get home. I'm going to train the avatar."

Blinking, Hachi looked at his sister. "But... I thought the test said that..." Hachi trailed off, confusion clear on his face.

"No, it just said that the avatar was present in that room." Isu waited as Hachi's eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh!" Hachi's eyes widened as he looked at his sister.

"And he finally realises!" Isu smirked proudly as Hachi lowered my head.

"Oh, this world is doomed."

"Unless we- or more specifically I- do something." Isu spun around, looking at the two water tribe members. "So, as I was saying, I'm going to train the avatar so I need to get going."

"The avatar is alive? I knew it!" Katara smiled hopefully as Sokka rolled his eyes.

"He is. I'm meant to be meeting him where three angels sing. We must hurry or we might miss him." Isu jumped away, grabbing Hachi and dragging him behind her.

"Wait, you'll need a water bender to teach him, right?" Katara reached out, faltering her hand back before she could touch either Airbender.

"No offence honey, but you're barely a water bender beginner, let alone master and sensei for the avatar." Isu patted Katara's head with a smirk.

Katara looked unimpressed as she removed Isu's hand. "That's not what I was suggesting. I was going to suggest that you will need to go to the Northern water tribe for a master and well, I was wondering if I could come too. There aren't any other water benders here to teach me and I've always wanted to learn."

Isu hummed but shook her head. "Nope. You should stay where it is safe." Isu went to continue her path away.

"Hey! Don't turn away from me! I'm just as much a water bender as you are Airbenders! This will be my only chance to see any other water benders and you will let me come along!"

Isu chuckled, tilting her head. "And you think you can tell me what to do?"

Katara growled, pulling at the water around her. She liquified the water under Isu's feet, dropping her into the water as she screamed. "I could leave you there but I'm just a beginner water bender so what do I know?" Katara smirked as she leaned over the whole.

Isu screamed, jumping out and shivering. "That was not cool!"

"Alright everyone, let's calm down please." Hachi held up his hands, stand between the siblings. "Let's just let them come, it's easier than fighting them every step of the way."

Isu huffed, crossing her arms. "Fine but let's go before I freeze to death."

Katara cheered as Sokka looked around. "Hey! Since when did I agree to let you take my little sister on this world trip!"

~~~

Standing atop the mountain, Isu watched the stars.

"I don't get it, why is this where three angels sing?" Sokka looked around in confusion, a grumpy expression still on his face.

Hachi shrugged as Katara glanced up. "Those stars... In old times they were named after the three angels, Kano, Liut and Yuvn, right?"

Isu nodded as she sat down. "And now we wait and see if he shows."

Hachi stepped closer. "What if he doesn't?"

"He must."