Chapter X: Sweet Revenge

"What a shame...if only you were stronger then maybe your plan would've actually worked."

(Yui Homura) 

5 Minutes Ago~

I felt like I was watching the climax of an action movie as the building we were standing on shook from beneath us, hanging onto the railing of the roof to make sure we weren't blown away from the sheer force of the young student's final blow.

"Yes, you get him Izuku!" 

I found myself cheering along with Toga next to me, cheering for the young boy who had just completely demolished Kai Chisaki. 

It was an amazing sight to see- Overhaul's scream of anguish as he was pummeled to the ground by the young hero student with Eri aiding him with her quirk as she clung to his back and watched the scene in awe as well. 

"That Izuku dude is scary, I don't wanna fight him! Lemme at him I'll kill him!"

Whatever Toga said in response to Twice's comment fell on deaf ears as I focused on the scene happening only a few hundred feet in front of me. I watched as the boy Izuku cradled Eri in his arms, her quirk dissipating as the prohero known as Eraserhead cast his gaze on her.

Sure Izuku was amazing-- but I thought Eri was even more so.

"Do you want to go say goodbye to her?"

Toga's voice surprised me, my body jumping involuntarily before my gaze found hers. Her question was genuine-- I could tell she realized that Eri had become important to me even though I just met her, but she didn't seem to care how soon my affections for the young girl grew.

She still wanted me to be able to say a proper goodbye.

"I mean, of course I'd like to say a proper goodbye, but there's too many heros down there. The moment they see me they'll--"

"Yui-chan, you're a member of The League of Villains now! Who cares what they think! They won't be able to stop us anyways. Besides, Kurogiri can teleport us outta there real quick if anything goes wrong. He's supposed to get us soon anyways for the next part of our mission!"

"Yeah and we got your back! There's no need to fear when Twice is here!"

I couldn't help the laughter that left my mouth at Twice's corny joke, the nerves washing off my body as my friends helped make my decision for me.

"Alright, then what are we waiting for?"

-----------------------------------------------------

That's how I ended up now only a few feet away from Eri and the heros instead of a few hundred feet. My heart pounded as Toga and Twice pushed me out of our cover with a smile on their faces. 

"Stay back! Who are you?"

Well, this really was just a fantastic idea wasn't it?

The moment I was pushed out of cover I gained everyone's attention, heros drawing their weapons and readying their quirks. 

"Yui-san!"

Eri disregarded the tension that had come with my appearance, immediately breaking away from the young hero Izuku's arms and making her way towards me. I couldn't help the smile that broke out on my face as I knelt down to her level, feeling her small arms engulf me in one of the biggest hugs I have ever received in my life. 

"You came back! I thought I would never see you again!"

I relished in the feeling of Eri's arms around me, hugging her tightly, ignoring the look of confusion on the multiple heros' faces as they looked at us, lowering their weapons.