Chapter XII: Fuck Me, Right?

"It seems the devil himself is intent on making my life hell..."

   (Yui Homura)

"Does anyone have any questions about their assignments?"

"Yeah, why the fuck do I have to be paired with her?"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance from my spot in the corner of the room at Dabi's question, acting as if I wasn't even in the room.

After barely getting any sleep last night after everything that happened, I was drug out the door by Toga bright and early because Shigaraki had apparently called for another meeting.

After taking down Overhaul, Shigaraki plans to grow his forces, first by showing a display of strength that will persuade villains to want to join our side.

And who is involved in the main part of this plan you ask? 

Why of course it's your three favorite amigos, Dabi, Hawks, and I!

Fuck me, right?

"Don't act like I'm not even here you burnt fuck. I'm just as pissed off as you, as if I want to spend my afternoon with your broody ass and a narcissistic chicken."

I could see Shigaraki's annoyance rising as his gaze turned from Dabi to me, his hand scratching at his neck harshly.

"Yui your quirk will be useful in this mission just in case the nomu or Dabi gets hurt, also you will be good backup just in case Hawks decides to do something fishy. I don't trust him yet and I know you don't like him either, so if he acts out I'm giving you permission to do with him as you will."

Shigaraki addressing me head on caused me to straighten up, nodding in agreement to his reasoning which seemed to cause him to calm down as he slowly stopped scratching at his neck.

"I appreciate you thinking I'd be useful for this job, Tomura. Even if I'm annoyed with that burnt asshole, you can trust I'll get the job done."

Shigaraki ignored Dabi's scoff of annoyance at my response, a smile etching onto his face as he looked at me with trust.

"Great. Kurogiri will teleport you to where our new high-end nomu is and then he'll teleport you once more all together to the location. Go show those heros who they should be afraid of."

Nodding my head I waved goodbye to Toga, checking myself once to make sure I had all my daggers strapped in their holders around my body. I heard Dabi's sluggish footsteps follow me from behind as I stepped into the darkness of Kurogiri's portal. Dabi was the last to speak, his words barely audible as he stepped into the portal behind me.

"I don't get paid enough for this shit."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't sure what to expect when Shigaraki mentioned a high-end nomu, but the huge mass in front of me was definitely not what I was expecting. 

"Ready-- fight, hero?"

I was surprised even more when the huge monster talked, his head cocking to the side in excitement as he looked at Dabi and I.

"Great, this one can talk? How annoying."

Rolling my eyes at Dabi's complaint, I moved closer to the nomu, nodding my head to his question.

"Yeah we're ready! Thanks for helping us...uh... nomu-san?"

"Hood-- name Hood."

I was surprised when the nomu corrected me, even giving me a name to call him by. From what I've learned so far, nomus are normally just fighting machines with no free will or intelligence, but this one seems different.