Chapter 17 - Dinner

Y/N's POV

"Oh my god, she said that?"

I press my lips together, nodding shyly. James squeals, clapping excitedly.

"Girl, it seems like she is finally warming up to you."

Laughing softly, I turn away from him to hide my blushing cheeks, so that James wouldn't ruin my mood with a sarcastic joke.

"Yeah, it seems like it doesn't it?"

"Aww," he sighs out, "You're so adorable."

Here we go again. Why did I think he would act differently, when it's literally his personality trait to annoy me?

I roll my eyes. "No I'm not."

"Look at you. Every time we talk about her, this happens." He points at my face that is still wearing a faint shade of pink to prove his accusation.

Not wanting to give him the pleasure of underlining his assumption, I cross my arms before my chest, shaking my head. "That is not true."

"Alright. I take everything back for what I said right now and yesterday. Miss Y/n is still in the game." He stands up dramatically, bowing in front of me, eying me mischievously from under his strands of hair that fall in his face.

I slowly nod, raising a brow at him. "Never forget that."

The screen of my phone lights up, a new message appearing on the screen. Without asking James grabs the phone, squinting his eyes together in thought before looking at me over the screen.

"Who's Aubrey?" James furrows his forehead, question marks written all over his face.

I shrug my shoulders. "A friend."

"A friend?," he asks.

The way James pronounces the last word shows me that he doesn't believe it. Usually we both know everything about each other since we talk about all the things that happen in each other's lives. But seeing the confusion wash over his features, he clearly doesn't have a clue. And that's good because he only saw her swiftly at the café thinking she was my girlfriend.

"Yeah. What does it say?"

"She asks if you're free tonight." The corner of his mouth raises slightly, suppressing a grin that wants to spread over his face to mock me.
"Just an innocent question, I believe. Just your friend asking if you already have plans for tonight."

I don't know how I should reply to that, her question surprising me. She wants to go out tonight? With me?

"Shall I write something back?" James teases me, a troublesome look crossing his face.

Instantly I turn to him, eyes shooting open wide, glaring at him with fire in my eyes.

"Don't you dare, James." I grumble under my breath.

In a swift movement, he stands up, holding the phone up above his head out of my reach. His laugh echoes through the room, eyes glinting childishly.

He grins boyishly. "You seriously are back at it again to get laid. And here I thought Blondie would satisfy your thirst."

I groan, jumping up to grab my phone out of his grab...unsuccessfully.

"James, if you do not give me my phone back in five seconds, you will be a dead man." I warn him, mustering my best killer look on my face.

It seems like he thinks about the possibility of not giving in to my order, eying me with raised eyebrows.

He sighs, lowering my phone down. "I'm sorry."