Chapter 64 - Time

Y/N's POV

The following week rushed by in a blur, my mind only remembering bits and pieces of anything besides the stuff I try to hammer in my brain. My lack of sleep was clearly seen on my face, taking more time in the bathroom whenever I get ready to cover up the signs.

A small light at the end of the tunnel was Lizzie, who gave me a reason to smile every day no matter how stressful the last semester was.

Last weekend, we had a whole day to ourselves, spending most of the time cuddling and watching her favorite TV show together. Just then I realized how much we depend on each other, being the oxygen in each other's lives.

All the more it hurt as I needed to leave late at night, having another learning session with James the next morning. I still remember her hands clinging to me desperately, kissing me with such force that left me speechless.

"I don't want you to leave just yet." She whines, fingers playing with the hem of my shirt. "You could stay the night and drive to your meeting first thing in the morning."

I lean my forehead against hers, an apologetic smile on my face. Her voice is pleading, the look in her eyes so soft that I nearly agree to her suggestion.

"You know me, love, I wouldn't get out of bed even if I wanted to be with you by my side." I whisper, seeing the hopeful expression on her face disappear. "But we'll see each other on Monday, and I'll call you tomorrow afterwards, okay?"

Lizzie pouts her lips, but nods. "Okay."

Before I can say anything else, her lips are on mine. I smile into the kiss, her fingers playing with the soft hair on the back of my neck as my arms cradle her around her lower back.

Lizzie doesn't let me go for another few minutes, stealing the breath out of my lungs as her lips never leave mine besides a second or two. With great effort, I slow down her movements, pressing lingering kisses all over her face as she quietly sighs.

"Sweet dreams, sweetheart." I lean a bit up to kiss her forehead, inhaling her sweet scent.

"Good night, darling. Drive home safe and text me when you get back to your room, I won't be able to sleep calmly until then."

"Of course, Lizzie." I smile at her words, heart-warming in my chest. "I love you."

"I love you too, y/n."

This week there's the first presentation pitch in class: a group work presentation. Additionally, I spend my last days learning with those guys in hopes of passing the group project with high marks.

Sometimes I ask myself why I'm even doing all of this. Why couldn't I just open a cute café and enjoy my life in peace? But then I remember that this is worth it, the simple thought about helping people in the future pushes me through the days.

Florence was so nice to help me out with my learning, as the other girl messaged me this morning, telling me she couldn't make it to our meeting. Knowing that I truly need the practice before Friday, I called Florence, since she had a handful of lessons in this class last year.

I'm sitting on the grass in front of the building where Florence is hopefully coming out soon. Two folders are spread out around me, containing papers of learning material.

Sighing quietly, I grab one folder and begin to sort out the material required for today. Reading through the papers, highlighting any important words, I quickly lose track of time.

"Sorry that I'm late, the professor needed to talk to me." Florence pulls me out of my thoughts, slumping down beside me on the grass.

I smile at her, waving her apology off with my hand. "No problem, I'm just glad that I have someone to learn with. I already did a bit of preparation for myself, so we can start right away if you want to?"