Chapter 28 - Never enough

Y/N's POV

My head is resting on her chest, hand laying against her stomach, while her arm is placed securely around my waist.

I close my eyes again, taking a moment to soak in the feeling of being in her arms, her naked skin pressed against mine.
My heart swells with warmth, soaring with joy.

Leaning a few inches back, I let my eyes wander over her face, taking in her long lashes that are crazing against her skin, the soft arch of her eyebrows that seem too perfect to be true.

"You know it's creepy to stare at someone when they are sleeping." Lizzie mutters, voice hoarse from sleep and her eyes still closed. "I can feel your eyes on me."

I chuckle, a soft blush spreading over my cheeks at being caught. "I can't help it if you look so pretty."

"Hm." She teases, eyes fluttering open, pulling me closer, hands settling around my waist as she kisses me softly, humming against my lips.

"You don't look so bad yourself." She says between kisses, my heart pounding faster.

I smile into the kiss, the touch of her lips reminding me of other places she discovered with her mouth, my stomach tingling at the thought.

Scooting a little closer, I begin to lean over her, pressing her against the mattress, my tongue moving over her bottom lip, asking for entrance.

Her mouth opens, a soft groan escaping her throat as I push my tongue against hers, deepening the kiss.

With a sudden push I'm on my back, pinned beneath her, my eyes widening in surprise. She smiles down on me, hands placed beside my head, so she doesn't put all of her weight on me.

"Someone got a little too eager," she whispers, "And here I thought I had satisfied your needs."

I grin, leaning forward to reach her face again. "I can never get enough of it."

Our lips meet again in an eager kiss, myself now pressed against the mattress, my hands burying themselves in her hair, desperately pushing her closer to me, hoping we would continue where we left off.

But she pulls back, earning a disapproving groan from me, but in response she only chuckles, head resting on the pillow, a few inches between our faces as she licks her lips.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"I would feel better if you would continue kissing me." I respond, and she only rolls her eyes at me, implying that this is not the reason why she asked. "But if you ask about how I feel about us: I never felt happier than I do at this moment."

"So you don't regret it?" She quietly asks, her finger mindlessly tracing circles over my hip, staring at me with hopeful eyes. "You know I didn't want to jump on you like that. If I pushed you-"

"You didn't push me into anything. I promise you I wanted it just as much as you did. " I reassure her, tucking a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. "You know, I'm actually grateful that you did the first step because I don't know if I would have ever had the courage to kiss you."

She raises a brow, inching a bit closer, eyes shining in amusement. "Oh, and why's that?"

"Well, first you can be really intimidating, and secondly I never knew if you were just playing with me."

"Mhm. I'm sorry that I made you feel that way." Her finger traces over my collarbone. "I promise you this was never a game for me."

I look at her lips that part into a small smile and back up to her eyes. "How do you feel about it?"