Chapter 45 - I know, babe

Y/N's POV

I thought waking up beside her during the last few weeks could be described as the best feeling in the world. Having someone's arms around you, holding you close while you get lost in the comfort of the warmth spreading through your body that makes you feel undeniably safe.

But that was nothing compared to waking up beside her after our revelation last night. The warm sunlight brushes through the windows that are covered with the curtains, my eyes blinking open.

I love you too, y/n.

Her gentle words still ring in my ears, my heart pounding with pure affection. I sigh softly, closing my eyes again and burying my nose in her strands that tickle me against my face.

So, so much.

I don't move even though my body begs me to stretch out my legs, the previous deep sleep still consuming my muscles.

Lizzie's breath skims over my skin, her pink lips slightly parted and looking so peaceful in my arms.

She is too beautiful for this planet. Inside and out.

My stomach flutters, a small smile washing over my face as my eyes scan over her face, seeing her own corner of her mouth slightly turned upwards like she is smiling in her sleep. Her arm is securely tucked over my waist, holding me close like she is afraid I would somehow leave the bed before she wakes up.

How can she be so perfect?

During her sleep, Lizzie shifts her head a bit closer to my face, breathing in deeply as she subconsciously pulls me closer. I need to suppress a chuckle as her lips twitch, a small strand of hair falling into her face, making her nose crunch in the most adorable fashion.

With a gentle movement to not wake her up from her well-deserved sleep, I push the hair out of her face and tuck it behind her ear.

But even though I try my best to not pull her out of her sleep, Lizzie's eyes flutter open, meeting mine immediately.

"Hey." She whispers in her raspy morning voice, instantly grinning at me as her eyes get smaller at how genuine her smile is.

My whole body gets even warmer as I mirror her expression, the feeling somehow a thousand times stronger than the previous mornings. Her hand moves under my shirt, fingertips tracing over my lower back in a mindless action.

"Good morning, beastie." I hum, eyes twinkling with mischievous as I see her amused eye roll.

"Too early." She grunts, her palm pressing against her eyes to shield herself from the sunlight.

I chuckle, her cute morning voice making my stomach flip. Moving my hand up, I stroke my fingers through her messy hair. "How did you sleep?"

Lizzie licks over her bottom lip, fingers moving in lazy circles over my skin. "Very good." She hums, snuggling closer against my chest and whispering against the hollow of my neck. "Let's just stay here forever."

I lay a swift kiss on her head, breathing in her vanilla scent that brings me more peace than anything else. "I'll make you coffee, it will wake you up."

"Darling, you only want to ease your own caffeine addiction." Lizzie mumbles, her nose brushing over my jawline. "Actually, I have another idea for that. Something that wakes me up much faster."

I pull back, grinning at her with a lopsided smile. Her eyes are shining, fingers stopping their movements on my skin. "And what do you need, Liz?"

"You."

Lizzie rolls on top of me, her smile widening as she sees my aroused expression. "I only need you, beautiful."

My heart pounds faster, swallowing harshly as my entire body pulses with the burning desire to make her smile turn into a gasp. Lizzie removes her oversized shirt, throwing it on the floor, never breaking eye-contact.