Chapter 53 - Sunday

Y/N's POV

I wake up to soft kisses trailing over my face. The smell of vanilla sticks in my nose, tickling me from the inside. Warmth spreads over my skin, the cool air against my face replaced by her lips against my forehead.

"Time to get up, sleepy head." Her raspy morning voice reaches my ears, seeing my eyes still closed. "Or do you want me to continue?"

The corner of my lips tuck into a small smile, feeling her breath skim over my face. Another shot of electricity runs down my back as she presses a kiss on my other cheek.

"Please, don't stop what you're doing on my account. Too bad I'll never get out of  bed." I whisper quietly, feeling her smile against my cheek. "You're stuck with me."

"Too bad that I don't care." Lizzie sighs. "I want to wake up with you every single morning until I'm old and gray."

"Sounds like hell to me."

"You're wrong...that would be heaven."

After a few minutes I open my eyes, slowly blinking away the sleepiness, gazing at the woman who stares at me with deep eyes. Feeling the now familiar hitch in my breath at her emerald eyes, a stupid smile appears on my face.

I watch her intently, unable to break my gaze away, overwhelmed by her beauty every time I look at her.

"Looks like you did wake up after all."

"Doesn't mean you have to stop kissing me," I whisper quietly.

Lizzie chuckles, leaning towards me and pressing a kiss on the tip of my nose. "I wouldn't dream of it."

Cuddling under the thick blankets, fingers gently tracing over each other's skin, my heart feels at utter ease.

Content.

"Where do you think you're going?" I groan, feeling her shift against me, trying to untangle our legs. My arms press her tighter against me, not letting her leave. "Let's stay like this, it's too comfortable."

"As much as I love to stay here forever, food is an essential part of my morning routine," she mumbles, "I need to get up, when we don't want to starve."

"No, don't leave just yet." I groan, burying my nose deeper into her neck. "Stay with me, you're all I need."

Lizzie chuckles, leaving small kisses over my hair, down my face. "I'm back in half an hour, darling. But we need something to eat, so you're not getting sick of hunger."

"That's not true. I'll get terribly sick if you leave me alone." I respond, pouting at her with my best sad face. "Are you really going to take that risk, Elizabeth?"

"Don't do this to me." Lizzie laughs, sitting on my waist with a devious grin, her shirt inching a bit higher. My hands press down against her thighs, rubbing the newly exposed skin with my thumbs. "I'll aid you until you're healthy again, my love. But now I need to make sure it won't come to that."

I protest as she stands up, quickly disappearing into the bathroom. When Lizzie comes out again, her hair is pulled in two braids, her face glowing as she catches my admiring stare.

I narrow my eyes playfully. "I'm still not happy with you leaving me."

"I promise, I'll make it up to you when I come back." Lizzie grins, pulling on a blue sweater and jeans. "Maybe I'll even buy you an iced coffee on my way back."

At those words, my eyes light up, her smile widening as she shakes her head. "Really?"

"I knew you'd love that idea."