two

"And there is a guy who looks like Maverick !!" - Ruby says

Yeah, I'm on call with her and she's talking about her classmates. By the way, her favorite MotoGP rider is Maverick Vinales.

"What is his name ?" - I ask

"His name's Thomas. He is amazing and he helps me a lot in math." 

"Nice."

Ruby loves sciences and her university is for sciences.

"How is your university ?" - Ruby asks

"It is good. I barely know my classmates but I don't pay attention to them." - I say

"Do you have friends there ?" 

"Not really." 

"Oh okay. Will you go to the French GP this weekend ?"

"Yeah, I will." 

"Can you send me photos of the GP please when you're there ?"

"Yep, I won't forget."

"Thank you."

I look away and I hold my tears. Yeah I'm sad, my boyfriend cheated on me yesterday and we are in the same university. We dated for 1 year, Ruby knows about him but she doesn't know he cheated on me.

"Are you okay Lélé ?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Don't lie, please. I know something's wrong. You know you can talk to me."

"He cheated on me." 

"When ?" - Ruby asks, yelling a bit

"Yesterday."

"Fuck! I'm gonna kill him !"

She hangs up. I guess she's gonna call him. I sigh and I start crying. I have a notification from Instagram, it's from Ruby. She texted me saying she will join me at the French GP. I smile a bit and I like her message. I got another message from Ruby saying she already bought 2 tickets for the GP. I buy my airplane ticket and I print it. I decide to get up from the couch and go to my room. I put some clothes in my bag because I will go to France tomorrow after school. I turn my speaker on and I connect my phone to it. I start listening to music and I clean my apartment. 

I can't wait to be tomorrow and I also can't wait to see Ruby. I stopped the music and I disconnected my phone from the speaker. I check my fan account about the Marquez brothers and I post something about them. I call one of my best friends and we spend 2 hours talking about our memories and also about the next time we'll see each other. She hangs up because she has to do her homework. 

I check the movies I can watch at the cinema and I see there is a scary movie: The Night House. I take a cinema ticket and I get ready. I grab my keys and my jacket. I close the door of my apartment with the keys and I walk to the cinema. When I arrive there, I buy popcorn and I go to one of the cinema rooms to watch the movie. 

                                    *1 hr 48 minutes later*

I was the only one in the room and I loved the movie. It's a bit complicated to explain the movie but it's a good movie. I was a bit scared but it's okay. I love scary movies and I watched many. I come back to my apartment and I eat pasta with sausage. I clean my table and I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I go to my room and I lay on my bed. I set my alarm clock for 6:30 am. I put my phone on the bedside table and I turn the light off. 

                                       *2 days later*

I'm at the French GP. Ruby is on her way to come to the circuit. I'm listening to music while walking around the circuit. I can't wait to see Ruby, I miss her so much. To be honest, I still feel sad because of my ex, but I try to forget him and I think spending time here with Ruby will help me. I continue to walk around the circuit. Then, I heard a voice calling my name, I turn around and I see Ruby. I smile and I walk to her. She hugs me but she seems worried.

"What's wrong ?" - I ask

"Are you okay ?" - Ruby says

"Of course I am !"

"Do you still love him ?"

"Nah, I don't."

"Alright. Let's enjoy the weekend !"

I smile at her and we continue to walk. 

"Why don't we go to the fan zone ?"

"You want to go to the meeting with the riders ?"

"Yeah. We will probably see Marc and Maverick."

Ruby smiles when she heard what I said. We walk to the fan zone and we see there are already fans waiting for the meeting. I see a space between two groups of fans next to the safety barrier. I take Ruby's hand and I walk to the safety barrier. I sit on it and Ruby sits on her chair. We still have to wait 30 minutes before the meeting. It's 4:30 pm and the meeting is at 5 pm. I think about my father, a lot of people asked me how I still love him after what happened with him. Yeah, he made shit with me, my trust in him is broken but I still love him inside because he is my dad. Sometimes I wish he wasn't my dad because he hurt me more than you can imagine but it's like this. I'm lost in my thoughts and I don't realize Ruby is talking to me until she hits a bit my arm.

"You're sure you're okay ?" - She asks

"Yeah. I was just lost in my thoughts." - I say

"What were you thinking about ?"

"My dad."

"Don't think about him. He is an asshole." 

I look at her badly and I don't even answer. I started being angry and I ignore a bit Ruby. 

"I'm sorry." - She says

I don't answer and I look away. She seems visibly sad I think she understood she hurt me. I don't want her to be sad because of me, I don't want people to be like this because of me. My father is a part of life that I don't always want to talk about

"Listen, I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it and he hurt you." 

"So what ?" 

"He made you sad knowing he is your father."

"As you said, he is my father so I still love him. So don't say shit about him again." 

I hug her noticing she's sad. I feel bad for my behavior. I go down and the meeting begins. I look a bit sad but I fake a smile to hide it. To be honest, it's not a fake smile because the riders make me smile. I take photos with them and I help the other fans to have autographs, Ruby does the same things as well. I'm talking with another fan, I turn my head and I see Marc. I drop my phone and I start crying. Marc has always been there for me even if he doesn't know me, he saved my life many times. He doesn't know how much I love him. I would do anything for him, he is more than an idol to me. Ruby hugs me, she picks up my phone and gives it back to me. Marc sees me crying and he smiles at him, which makes me smile. The fans don't have questions anymore and Marc goes down to sign autographs. He takes a photo with Ruby and when he sees me, he hugs me tight saying 'don't ever cry again, it's gonna be alright' I smile and he keeps me in his arms while rubbing my back. He grabs my phone and he takes photos with me. He signs an autograph for me and he hugs me one last time, before leaving. 

I put my head on Ruby's shoulder and she puts her arm around me. I feel so much better, thanks to Marc. I don't know what I would do without him. Maverick is here and Ruby goes crazy, it makes me laugh. He goes down and he starts signing autographs, Ruby takes a photo with him and I ask him if he can sign an autograph. He saw my red eyes and he also hugs me. He ruffles my hair smiling, I smile at him again and he signs autographs for the other fans. 

Several other riders, like Valentino Rossi/Dani Pedrosa/Espargaro brothers and Alex Marquez, come and leave after signing autographs. Then, we come back to our hotel while talking about today. We are so happy, especially me. I admit I don't have words to describe how much I'm happy.