nine

I'm in Portugal right now, with my (true) best friend Joana. I thought it would be great to see her before coming back to New Zealand. I help her clean her room, Joana sighs laying on her bed. I sit next to her and I sigh as well.

"What do you want to do ?" - I ask

"I don't know, do you have an idea ?" - Joana replies

"We can gossip if you want to, or we can watch movies."

"Why don't we cook a chocolate cake ?" 

"It can be fun."

We run to the kitchen. Joana grabs the eggs, the milk, and the butter in the refrigerator, I grab the flour and the sugar in the cabinet.

"Can you put music on my speaker please ?" - Joana asks

"Yes." - I reply, connecting Joana's phone to her speaker and putting on 1D music.

We continue making the chocolate cake and (without telling her) I put flour on Joana's hair. I wait for her to notice it, I try not to laugh but it's hard. Then, she notices it a few minutes later and she throws flour on me. The kitchen starts being a mess because of us: there is flour on the ground and also on the counter, there is milk on the table. I almost fell on the ground because of the flour and it made Joana laugh. We put the cake in the oven and we start cleaning the kitchen. I go to the bathroom and I take a quick shower, Joana does the same thing after me. I brush my hair while waiting for Joana, I sigh and I think about my ex. I don't know why him but it's him. 

"Are you okay ?" - Joana says, coming back from the bathroom. "You look lost." she adds

"I think about my ex." - I say

"Why ? He broke your heart." 

"I don't know why I think about him."

I look away and I lay on the bed, Joana gets dressed and she brushes her hair. 

"Don't look so depressed. Let's go shopping !" - Joana exclaims

She goes down stairs, I sigh and I follow her. She turns the oven off and we leave her house to go to the shopping center. A few minutes later, we arrive there and we go up the escalator to the second floor. There are a perfumery, some shops for womenswear, some other for menswear and some food restaurants. 

"What do you want to do first ?" - I ask

"I prefer going to one of the shops for womenswear. I need to buy new bras." - Joana replies

"Me too, to be honest."

We smile at each other and we enter one of them. We start looking for bras on our own, I sigh because I don't find a bra I like. I look around to find Joana and I see her searching for bras. 

"Did you find something ?" - I ask, walking to Joana

"Not really, there are two bras I like but there is not my size anymore." - Joana says, disappointed

"Let's go in another shop. Perhaps you will find bras with your size." 

"Yeah, sounds great !"

We walk to another shop and I help Joana. She finds a bra she likes and some clothes as well, I accompany her to the dressing room. I sit on a chair waiting for Joana. I'm sad inside : I realized I still love my ex, it pisses me off because I thought I forgot him. Joana calls me every time she tries the clothes she chose to know what I think, she's so beautiful. She goes out of the dressing room and she puts two clothes away. We walk to the checkout and Joana pays her clothes, I also pay the bra I took. We leave the shop and I stop walking. I just saw Marc and Alex, I swallow and I feel paralyzed. 

"What happens Lélé ?" - Joana asks, worried

I can't even reply, Joana looks in the same direction as me and she sees them. I stare at Marc : he is smiling, he looks happy. His eyes are shining, he runs his hand through his hair. My heart stops beating for a second, then it starts beating again but faster now. My hands and my legs are trembling, I'm so nervous. Joana noticed it, she grabs my hand, she goes to a food restaurant and I follow without saying anything. We sit on chairs next to a table and Joana orders two burgers with french fries, I admit we didn't eat yet. My heart beats less fast and I let tears fall on my cheeks. I didn't expect him to be there, I didn't know it. I hope they didn't see us. I look at Joana, she looks so worried. I smile at her to show her that I'm feeling better. My hands and my legs stopped trembling, I sigh and I look away. The waitress gives us our food, I don't touch my dish for 2 minutes but finally I start eating.

"How do you feel now ?" - Joana asks

"I'm better, thanks sis." - I reply, smiling. Joana smiles as well and we continue eating while talking about Marc. I still feel nervous because I don't know where Marc is.

"Where can he be ?" - I ask

"Probably in a shop for menswear with Alex." - Joana replies

"Yeah probably."

"Don't worry, he isn't here with us." 

"Knowing he is somewhere here makes me nervous. I miss him but I don't know how I will be if he comes."

"It's okay, we will leave the shopping center if you want to."

"No, everything's okay." 

"Okay."

I'm glad to have met Joana, she's an amazing girl. She's always here when I'm sad and of course I'm always here when she's sad. We leave the food restaurant, I see Marc and Alex in a clothes shop, I look at them before leaving the shopping center with Joana. 

I fall on Joana's bed, she puts her new clothes in her cupboard. I grab my phone and I look at Marc's messages. He texted me when we were coming back at Joana's place. He told me he misses me so much and he wishes he was with me.

"By the way, are you still best friend with Ruby ?" - Joana asks

"Ruby ?" - I add, grumbling a bit

"Yeah !"

"Nah, not anymore."

"Oh ! What happened ?"

"She said shit about me to her friends." 

"It's sad, you had a great friendship."

"Yeah but you're better than her."

"Thanks sis."

I sigh smiling and I hug Joana.