eight

"Don't ever talk to me again !" - I yell to Ruby

I don't let her time to reply, I grab my bag and I leave her apartment storming out. She pissed me off. I delete her number and I remove her from social media. I turn my phone off and I go to the airport. She said something bad about me to one of her new friends, the latter told me everything. It was nice of her to tell me it and I'm mad at Ruby. I grab my earphones which are in my bag and I connect them to my phone, I start listening to music without paying attention to others. I arrive at the airport, I enter it and I see if my airplane will arrive soon, instead of seeing it, I see it is canceled. I let myself fall on the bench sighing. I'm so pissed off, I don't know what's wrong today: Ruby and now my airplane which is canceled. I put my head in my hands and I let tears fall.

"Are you Leanne ?" I hear a voice asking

I look up and I see a kid in front of me.

"Yes, it's me." - I reply

"Why are you crying ?" - He asks

"I argued with my best friend and my airplane is canceled."

"What happened with your best friend ?"

"Nothing important, don't worry." - I say, looking at him smiling

"Okay. I wanted to ask you if I can have a photo and an autograph from you." - He says, shyly

"Of course !" - I say

I sign him an autograph and I take a photo with him.

"By the way, how do you know me ?" - I ask

"My parents love your music." - He replies smiling

I smile as well and he joins his parents who are waiting for him with another girl, perhaps his sister. I get up and I leave the airport, I walk to the nearest hotel and I book a room for a night. I enter my room and I fall on the bed. I let tears fall again. I grab my phone and I text Leonie saying I won't be at the university tomorrow. Reason: airplane canceled. Fucking airplane. I start listening to music (again) and I scroll posts on Instagram. I'm so pissed off and I don't know what to do to feel better. I throw my phone away sighing and I look outside through the window. I feel like I have a storm instead of my heart. I go into the bathroom, take off my clothes and I take a long shower. I dry myself and I get dressed before going outside. I hope I won't see Ruby, it's Friday night and I know she likes going out with her friends. I continue walking in the streets with my hood on my head and my earphones in my ears. Suddenly, I see a group of girls and I recognize Ruby, I grumble and I walk somewhere else to avoid her. It starts raining and I stay under a porch. Then, I see Ruby on the other street with her friends, I decide to walk again, I don't know where to go but I don't want to stay here.

I remember a bar where I used to go with another friend, I go there and I enter the bar. I take off my hood and my earphones and I walk to the counter. I sit on a stool and I grab my phone. The barman recognizes me and he smiles at me. His name is Max.

"Hey Leanne, what's up ?" - He asks

"Nothing special and you ?" - I reply

"It's good to see you."

"Thanks."

"By the way, where is Ruby ?"

"Don't talk about her please, we aren't friends anymore."

"Okay, but what happened ?"

"She said shit about me and it's one of her friends who told me everything."

"Fuck it !" - Someone else says, coming here

"Who are you ?" - I ask

"Thomas, Ruby's classmate." - He replies, sitting on the stool next to me

"Okay."

"She's not my friend either."

"Ruby told me you help each other with chemistry and maths."

"Yeah we did, but she broke my heart and she argued with my best friend."

"You loved her ?"

"Yeah and I still don't know why."

"I still don't know why I was her friend."

"She's odd, I never liked her." - Max says

"She changed." - I say

"Yeah."

"Anyway, do you have something to drink ?" - I ask

"Beers, coca-cola, fruits juice." - Max replies

"A beer please."

"What about you Thomas ?"

"A beer as well please."

Max grabs two beers and two glasses, he gives them to us and we continue talking together.

"Oh fuck !" - I say grumbling

I just saw Ruby and her friends. Thomas and Max saw her too and we look so pissed off. I stop looking at her and I continue talking with Max and Thomas ignoring Ruby and her friends. I hear them laughing and I notice they are also looking at us. I think I won't stay calm anymore, I grab my phone, I pay for the beers and I leave the bar. I couldn't stay here anymore, you probably think it's stupid to react like this but I can't stay in the same place with hypocrites. Yeah, Ruby is a hypocrite: she said we are "best friends" but she said shit about me. I don't know what's wrong with her. I grab my earphones and I start listening to music while walking to the hotel. My phone vibrates again and again, I see it's a call from Marc and I decide to answer. We talk for 30 minutes, he wanted to have news from me and he wanted to apologize for his behavior. I hang up sighing, I put my phone on the night table. I get up, change my clothes and brush my hair before going to sleep. I sit on the bed and I look at the sky through the window, I burst into tears and I lay on the bed. I cry for some minutes, grab my phone and I scroll posts on Instagram. Then, I turn it off and I try to fall asleep.