sixteen

I'm walking on the beach with Joana. We are in Los Angeles. To be honest, I feel so much better and it's been a while I didn't go somewhere with someone I love. We come back to our spot. I notice Joana stopped walking. 

"What's wrong Joana ?" - I ask, worried

"Is that Marc over there ?" - Joana replies, showing a guy flirting with a girl

I look at them and I see his face. It's Marc ! He takes her face in his hand and he kisses her. I take a photo, I put my phone in my bag and I leave without saying anything. I walk fast with tears in my eyes. I'm so disgusted.

"Lélé wait !" - Joana yells

I stop walking, I turn around and I see Joana coming. She gets closer and she hugs me. I start crying.

"It was him. It was Marc." - I say sobbing.

"I saw him too. I'm sorry sis." - Joana says, rubbing my back

I grab my bag, I put my hands in my pockets and we walk to the hotel. My mood is fucked. We enter the hotel, we didn't talk since what happened at the beach. We go to our room and I sit on the edge of the bed.

"I'm sorry." - I say

"What for ?" - Joana asks, sitting next to me

"How I reacted was bad and it fucked the day." 

"Nah, it's okay. I understand that you are angry."

"Thanks. What do you want to do now ?"

"Something that can make you feel better."

"We can do anything. I just don't want to see him again."

"Why don't we go to the restaurant tonight ? Then we can go to a nightclub."

"It's a good idea."

Joana smiles, I get up from the bed and I go to the bathroom to change my clothes. I get dressed, I come back to the room. I look at myself in the mirror. I sit on the bed sighing and thinking about how ugly I am. 

"You're perfect sis. Don't worry about that." 

"I'm not perfect. I hate my body."

"I feel the same and it's okay to not feel confident sometimes."

I smile a bit, Joana changes her clothes. I grab my bag with some stuff in. We put makeup on our faces.

This is my outfit :

Then, this is Joana's outfit :

We leave the hotel to go to a restaurant we like

We leave the hotel to go to a restaurant we like. We enter this restaurant, the waiter greets us kindly and he shows us a table for two people. We thank him with a smile and sit on the chairs. To be honest, I feel so much better. Until I hear a familiar laugh : Ruby's laugh. I turn my head towards and I'm surprised to see her with Alex, Marc and his b*tch. I see Alex is holding Ruby's hand. Are they dating ??  I don't know how I look when I see them, Joana saw them as well, and she looks as upset as I do. Alex sees us and seems surprised to see us, I wave to him not to say anything and he gives me a discreet sign of the head to say that it's ok. I admit I feel happy to see Alex but it makes me sad to see him with Ruby. I feel my phone vibrate : it's a text from Alex.

Alex : I didn't know you were here.
Me : I didn't know as well.
Alex : It's nice to see you both.
Me : It's nice to see you as well. By the way, you date Ruby ?
Alex : We date for 2 months now. Why ?
Me : We're not best friends anymore. I'm not jealous at all but I think there is better than her for you.
Alex : What do you mean ?
Me : She said sh*t about me and I don't want her to hurt you as well. Just worried about you.
Alex : I will be careful don't worry.
Me : Thanks Alex. Marc dates her ?
Alex : You mean the girl in front of him ?
Me  : Yeah, her.
Alex : They date each other since last week.
Me : Okay.

I put my phone on the table. I continue talking with Joana, I look at them discreetly and I notice Ruby is a bit angry. It makes me giggle. What a stupid girl !  I look away and I stay with Joana. I don't know what's wrong with Ruby but it's not my problem anymore. 

"What happened with her ?" - Joana asks

"I don't know, I hope she won't hurt Alex." - I reply

"Yeah. Alex is a great guy !"

"Yeah I agree. By the way when do we have to be at the nightclub ?"

"At 9 or 10."

"What time is it ?"

"8:30. Don't worry, we'll walk 5 minutes and we'll be there."

"Okay."

I glance at Alex, I notice he was staring at us. Ruby doesn't pay attention, I smile at Alex and he smiles back at me. We finish eating, I pay everything and we leave. I look at Alex one last time, I notice Marc sees us and he looks surprised. I don't pay attention to him. I feel the cold air on my skin, to be honest I like cold air. We walk to the nightclub, the security guard lets us enter the nightclub and we thank him. There aren't a lot of people yet, probably because it's early. We sit next to a table, at the back of the nightclub. I see four familiar people coming : Justin, Max, Thomas and Leonie ! I wave at them and they come happily. It's the first time they meet Joana. We decide to stay all together and Joana looks happily to meet them. I explain everything, about what happened earlier. They're disgusted. I drop my glass when I see Ruby and the other entering the nightclub. They already piss me off, except Alex. I grit my teeth seeing Marc holding her b*tch by the waist. Alex sees me and a smile appears on his face, it makes me less angry. I stare at Ruby with angry eyes. They all sit next to a table at the other end of us. I notice Alex looks at us sometimes but the other don't. I get up and I walk to the counter, I order something to drink. I look at them out of the corner of my eye, I notice Alex is coming and he stays next to me. He hugs me, and we start talking a bit. 

"Why do you talk to her ?" - A voice asks

I recognize Ruby's voice, I don't turn around because I don't want to see her.

"She's my best friend so I talk to her." - Alex replies

"Nah she's a b*tch." 

"It's over now." 

Alex gives Ruby a slap. She's shocked and angry. I join my friends , Alex goes back to the table to grab his hoodie and he joins us. Ruby stares at Alex angry, it makes me laugh.

"Why did you leave her ?" - Leonie asks

"She pissed me off, nobody insults Lélé and she's bad as a girlfriend." - Alex replies

"What do you mean ?" - I ask

"She pretended to love me." 

I look at Ruby angrier. She stares at me now, angry as well. I clench my fists to stay calm. Ruby joins Marc and his b*tch. I notice Marc is looking at us, I stay indifferent. I stop looking at me and I stay with Alex and my friends. Alex is happier and he hugs me thanking me. 30 minutes later, we come back to the hotel and we all go to sleep.