twelve

I still haven't heard from Marc since what happened with him, and it's been three months. Every time I try to talk about it with him, he ignores me. Yeah, he hurt me. Tomorrow, there is an interview about him, I will watch it with Joana. She knows about the kiss, I told her. I'm cleaning my house, Joana will arrive soon. I sigh when I finish cleaning everything, I go to my room and I grab clothes. I go to the bathroom and I take a shower, I look at me through the mirror and I feel bad. I hate how I am, I sigh and I stopped looking at me to get dressed. I dry my hair and I brush it. I do the washing, I walk to the patio and I sit on the edge of it next to the pool. I don't know if I'm happy or sad, mixed feelings. I'm happy because Joana will be here but also sad because of Marc. I hear someone entering my house, I turn my head and I see Joana putting her bag on the couch. She sees me, she joins me smiling.

"I knocked but you didn't reply." - Joana says, sitting next to me

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear." - I say

"It's okay. How do you feel ?"

"I feel better now, and you ?"

"I'm fine. Are you ready for tomorrow ?"

"I don't know. I don't want to see him but I want to hear what he will say."

"Me too. They will probably ask him whether he has a girlfriend or whether he loves a girl."

"Probably."

Joana hugs me and we go inside of the house. 

"What do you want to do ?" - I ask

"We can go for a walk in the city." - Joana replies

"Why not."

I grab my keys and I close the door before leaving. We walk in the city, I pay two ice-creams : one for me and another one for Joana. We also take photos together, we enjoy being together. We have fun all afternoon, then we come back to my house and we go into the pool. We drink our cocktail while eating crackers in front of the sunset. We take photos (again) of us and I post one of them on Instagram. I put my phone on the edge on the pool after having put music on my speaker. 

I forget Marc for a moment, we talk about what we can do tonight. I stare at the mountains listening to Joana. 

"It's peaceful here."- Joana says, "I love my hometown but here is amazing." she adds

"You can come here whenever you want." - I say

"Even when you're on tour ? I mean, it is your house."

"I trust you so yeah."

"Thanks sis. By the way, how is your apartment at Christchurch ?"

"It is simple, Two bedrooms, a bathroom and a living room with a kitchen."

"Is there any mechanical universities there ?"

"Yeah, do you want to go there ?"

"Yeah. I mean, I want to move from Portugal but it will be hard to leave everything."

"I know, it was the same when I left France."

"If I come to Christchurch, can I stay in your apartment ?"

"Yeah of course !"

"Thank you so much !"

"When do you want to come there?"

"I will come after my first year, it will be over in January."

"We can do your registration form tonight or tomorrow if you want to."