『 Innacurate & Disrespectful ships [UPDATED] 』

This is the updated version of the previous chapter. I edited this and added a lot more details because I felt it was important to get the point across and I don't think I managed to do that in the old chapter. The last 4 are still the same because they are by poeple I had spoken to and I wanted to keep it their words.

⇾South Korea × Japan (or North Korea x Japan)

⇾ Empire of Japan × Korean Empire

⇾ Japan × Any Korean Member

I'm going to go through a history lesson with you all; Japan invaded Korea not once, but as a matter a fact twice. Or at least, they tried an unsuccessful attempt to colonize them back in 1592. When the invasion had happened in 1592, it began a war between Joseon [the Korean Kingdom which lasted from 1392-1897], Japan, and the Ming Dynasty siding by Joseon. Japan invaded Korea by the orders of Toyotomi Hideyoshi in an attempt to conquer Korea, this being called the Imjin invasion. Japan had managed to gain a good chunk of the Korean Peninsula, however, they were unsuccessful to gain any more after Ming had joined in to support Korea. You may think "Oh, it's over." it was not. Japan invade them again in 1597 which is called the Chongyu War, to which Japan took a chunk of Korea into their hands before Ming came in and pushed them off, eventually making Japan flee home. Let us timeskip to 1873 where Japan had a literal DEBATE about whether they wanted to invade Korea or not. They hadn't, however that didn't stop Japan from invading them AGAIN in 1910. The 1910 invasion had taken place from 1910 to when Japan was bombed in 1945. The Minister of War of Japan [Terauchi Masatake] was given the mission to Invade and overall colonize the Korean Empire. Japan had full control over the media in Korea, the authorities, the laws, anything Korea had was now controlled by Japan. Also during this time, Japan forced the Koreans to not speak Korean, raped them and tried wiping out all Korean culture. Korea had a movement on March 1st of 1919 for independence from Japan, which sadly failed. Nobody seems to think about the fact on how Korea doesn't forgive Japan either. And I believe they refuse to admit war crimes towards each other. While North Korea and Japan have discussed making a diplomatic relationship, South Korea and Japan are still pointing fingers at each other and blaming each other for things. According to the BBC news article, "At the centre is South Korea's demands that Japan pays what they consider to be appropriate reparations for atrocities committed during the Japanese occupation of the Korean peninsula from 1910 to 1945, particularly the use of forced labour." So they haven't forgiven them, and at this point, it isn't going to happen.

⇾South Korea × North Korea

I feel as if this ship goes without saying but I shall say it anyway; The Korean War happened. It really did happen. As "forgotten" as it may be, it majorly affected both North and South Korea and was no joke when it comes to how many people had died/were affected. For those of you who do not know this war; it happened between 1950-1953 between the two Korea's, hence the name, the "Korean War", or the "Forgotten War." More than 5 million people died during that time, 2-3million being civilians, and that being 10% of Korea's population, 70% of North Korea's deaths being their civilians. The main alliances for South Kore being the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Turkey, Australia, Philippines, New Zealand, Thailand, Ethiopia, Greece, Colombia, France, Belgium, South Africa, Netherlands, and Luxembourg, medical support being Italy, West Germany, India, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway, then a few other supports being Japan, Israel, Taiwan, Pakistan, Cuba, El Salvador, and Spain. North Korea had countries such as the Soviet Union, China, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, East Germany, Hungary, Mongolia, Poland, and Romania to support them through the war, the USSR + China being the most important. Throughout the war, it just seemed like a tug-of-war against the two and the prize was "who would get full control over Korea." The war is technically not over because the two countries refused to sign anything officially ending it, and tensions between the two have been rising over the past few years. For example, North Korea blew up South Korea's Yeonpyeong Island back in 2010, killing 2 people [2 military soldiers, and 2 civilians,] and injuring 22 others [19 soldiers, 3 civilians]. More than 170 artillery shells and rockets were fired on that island by North Korea. Another example is a bit recently when North Korea had blown up the Liaison Office in 2020. It was an office meant to discuss how to reunite Korea. So they were doing good then North blew stuff up which sent their relationship back. They aren't on the best of terms. Not to mentions their tensions have been rising to the point where they both tested missiles. According to history.com, "The Korean conflict is an ongoing conflict based on the division of Korea between North Korea (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) and South Korea (Republic of Korea), both of which claim to be the sole legitimate government of all of Korea."